Officially launching in AU on the 1st March.

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about The Old Republic

Moderator: TOR Officers

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Officially launching in AU on the 1st March.

Post#16 » 15 Feb 2012, 14:00

Chrien wrote:Servers in Australia. I'd be very surprised if they have a different maint schedule. They don't for Europe.

that's what I'm thinking
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#17 » 15 Feb 2012, 14:06

Lol speak for yourself I haven't lost a hball since i got back from sydney, plus premading with a few select empire pugs is netting me some good wins specially when we are all in vent :D There's also the chance that there will be equal scrubs on both sides, so nothing would change in WZs

Which reminds me mooney when are you gonna park that pvp scrub BH of yours and get serious with ur sorc?
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"

Mooney
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#18 » 15 Feb 2012, 14:25

ashvar wrote:Lol speak for yourself I haven't lost a hball since i got back from sydney, plus premading with a few select empire pugs is netting me some good wins specially when we are all in vent :D There's also the chance that there will be equal scrubs on both sides, so nothing would change in WZs

Which reminds me mooney when are you gonna park that pvp scrub BH of yours and get serious with ur sorc?

duel spec in 1.2 mate, then the pwnage begins

sorc is also 42 or 43 now

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#19 » 15 Feb 2012, 14:59

Froste wrote:il be moving, simply for the fact that maintenance will be during while i am asleep....

Did you play Star Wars Galaxies? It was nightly reboots during our prime time for the first 6mths :P
Join the Southern Cross Steam group or find us on Facebook

<SWG 2003-2009> <EQ2 2005-2006> <WoW 2005-2015>
<LotRO 2007-2009> <AoC 2008-2009> <WAR 2008-2010>
<World of Tanks 2011-
premium> <SW:ToR 2011-active>
<TESO 2014-2014>

Clam
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#20 » 15 Feb 2012, 21:28

I think we should take the "wait and see" approach.

Azza
The Patient
The Patient

Post#21 » 16 Feb 2012, 02:07

Two things to consider that nobody has mentioned just yet.

1. Cross server pvp is confirmed, but they said they're designing the system to keep to own servers as much as possible.

2. Think about Blackrock on WoW, has a very small Australian population while most of the Oceanic servers are thriving.
WoW: Estella - EVE: Arksy - Aion: Arkdo

catweazel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#22 » 16 Feb 2012, 03:02

what are the other aussie guilds doing ?
we are on swiftsure because the rest of australia is here.

those in au that haven't bought the game yet... probably won't play for very long... .
so i guess i want to wait and see what every one else is doing, and follow the crowd.

will they put a pvp and a pve server in au ?
does it matter if its just pve ? as pve servers still have ilum and wz's, and there is currently no point bothering to fight anyone elsewhere....

primetime maintenance gets me off my ass once a week, and it might not even change times on an au server.
how hard will a wz be if all the pugs don't speak english ?
will au become the minority on an oceanic server, and all the npc's start speaking in korean subtitles ?
Last edited by Kashak on 16 Feb 2012, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling mistake was irking me

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#23 » 16 Feb 2012, 07:56

Clam wrote:I think we should take the "wait and see" approach.

That's crazy. You're crazy. Nerf sages! Buff powertech! This game is doooooooomed. This game is awesome!
Last edited by Azmodeus on 16 Feb 2012, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Grammatical mistake was dirka irking me :)
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#24 » 16 Feb 2012, 07:58

Azza wrote:2. Think about Blackrock on WoW, has a very small Australian population while most of the Oceanic servers are thriving.

Now maybe thats the case but the aussie pop on blackrock lasted a very very long time. Likely longer than most of use will be playing swtor.
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Azza
The Patient
The Patient

Post#25 » 16 Feb 2012, 14:22

Kashak wrote:
Azza wrote:2. Think about Blackrock on WoW, has a very small Australian population while most of the Oceanic servers are thriving.

Now maybe thats the case but the aussie pop on blackrock lasted a very very long time. Likely longer than most of use will be playing swtor.

That's probably true, but it should be consideration considering SC on WoW just had to be transferred. I'm also a candidate of the wait and see approach. A few more things;

From the wording it seems that the transfers are going to occur AFTER the launch...meaning we won't get to reserve our names etc? :(
WoW: Estella - EVE: Arksy - Aion: Arkdo

Sardius
Pandaren Monk
Pandaren Monk

Post#26 » 16 Feb 2012, 15:27

Azza wrote:From the wording it seems that the transfers are going to occur AFTER the launch...meaning we won't get to reserve our names etc? :(

It does seem that way. May have to create characters there to reserve names or something, in case we do decide to move there. Personally I don't care either way, I'm a crowd follower :P
Battle.Net ID: Penguins#1368

D3: Wizard/Crusader/everything, Clan <SC>

World of Warcraft
Kilrogg - Alliance

-RIP-
SW:TOR
Rift

Froste
Blowjob plz
Blowjob plz

Post#27 » 16 Feb 2012, 16:48

WasteGate wrote:
Froste wrote:il be moving, simply for the fact that maintenance will be during while i am asleep....

Did you play Star Wars Galaxies? It was nightly reboots during our prime time for the first 6mths :P

yes, and why put up with them if you dont have too?

i would like to get info on weather or not maint is shared.

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#28 » 20 Feb 2012, 09:19

Sardius wrote:
Azza wrote:From the wording it seems that the transfers are going to occur AFTER the launch...meaning we won't get to reserve our names etc? :(

It does seem that way. May have to create characters there to reserve names or something, in case we do decide to move there. Personally I don't care either way, I'm a crowd follower :P

I would highly recommend when the servers go live that you jump on and reserve names.
Join the Southern Cross Steam group or find us on Facebook

<SWG 2003-2009> <EQ2 2005-2006> <WoW 2005-2015>
<LotRO 2007-2009> <AoC 2008-2009> <WAR 2008-2010>
<World of Tanks 2011-
premium> <SW:ToR 2011-active>
<TESO 2014-2014>

holywooden
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#29 » 20 Feb 2012, 09:29

Can we get a poll up and see who wants to do a transfer? I'm happy to follow the crowd.

Azmodeus
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#30 » 20 Feb 2012, 12:43

holywooden wrote:Can we get a poll up and see who wants to do a transfer? I'm happy to follow the crowd.

If we poll yes and no other guilds currently on Swiftsure moves over you still going to change?

ps. Not disagreeing, just see little gained, except my post count, from adding another poll

Return to “The Cantina”