Republic vs Empire

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about The Old Republic

Moderator: TOR Officers

Mick
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Republic vs Empire

Post by Mick » 12 Oct 2011, 11:15

So i voted for the Sith side because i wanted to be bad - what i didnt realise is that you can be light side or dark side regardless of whether you choose republic or empire.

Unsure if everyone knew that before making the decision about what side.

Just a FYI

The other issue i have is my chick companion for sith inquisitor is a goody goody 2 shoes which means by playing bad, i'll never get to virtually sleep with her. My starting companion is very evil and HE loves how i dismiss authority - but he doesnt speak english so i cant hear him talk only read his text - plus hes a guy.

I need my virtual Girl Friend if i'm going to play this game - damn i need to find a different class to play.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: Republic vs Empire

Post by Fitz » 12 Oct 2011, 13:31

Mick wrote:So i voted for the Sith side because i wanted to be bad - what i didnt realise is that you can be light side or dark side regardless of whether you choose republic or empire.

Unsure if everyone knew that before making the decision about what side.

Just a FYI

The other issue i have is my chick companion for sith inquisitor is a goody goody 2 shoes which means by playing bad, i'll never get to virtually sleep with her. My starting companion is very evil and HE loves how i dismiss authority - but he doesnt speak english so i cant hear him talk only read his text - plus hes a guy.

I need my virtual Girl Friend if i'm going to play this game - damn i need to find a different class to play.
Play an Imperial Agent - get a female rattataki companion who basically is a bad ass. I threaten maim and kill and she loves it. Plus shes a serial flirt.

Within beta I had things on the boiler with her, my Watcher (sort of like my eyes in the sky / base command), and a random scientists slutty daughter, who I seduced, slept with, and then told her I was ensure Imperial Intelligence were going to stalk her for the rest of her life.

Fun :D

Mick
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post by Mick » 13 Oct 2011, 12:06

Yeah the companion system is pretty cool

The story in this game is awesome - its like an Alt-a-holics dream as every class has a different story so its not as tedious to level up mutliple characters.

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post by Usambara » 13 Oct 2011, 16:12

Mick wrote:its like an Alt-a-holics dream as every class has a different story so its not as tedious to level up mutliple characters.
I think its not as good as that. From what we are seeing yeah first 20 level .. should be fairly unique.. however post that I think class content will drop to around 10%. Well thats the figures we are hearing

Mick
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post by Mick » 13 Oct 2011, 16:56

Yeah i have only gotten up to level 16 so far so cant really comment post that.

Still at the very least you will have 7 level 20's and 1 level 50

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post by WasteGate » 14 Oct 2011, 09:23

I think going light side option when your Sith is only delaying the inevitable of being dark.

I played around with all the positive light side options during last weekend on a character and there is still things that you do which tips the scales of the dark side meter. Not sure how all of this will play out.
Join the Southern Cross Steam group or find us on Facebook

<SWG 2003-2009> <EQ2 2005-2006> <WoW 2005-2015>
<LotRO 2007-2009> <AoC 2008-2009> <WAR 2008-2010>
<World of Tanks 2011-
premium> <SW:ToR 2011-active>
<TESO 2014-2014>

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 14 Oct 2011, 09:35

WasteGate wrote:I think going light side option when your Sith is only delaying the inevitable of being dark.

I played around with all the positive light side options during last weekend on a character and there is still things that you do which tips the scales of the dark side meter. Not sure how all of this will play out.
Although with the difficulty of maintaining light standing as a Sith player, there might be valuable stat / gear rewards for doing it.

However it pans out, I'm sure that BW will implement some grindy method of adjusting our alignment at end game - be it rescuing prisoners repeatedly to shift towards light, or hacking up orphans to move towards dark. Its rare that an MMORPG completely locks you out of something based on your decisions. They just make you pay/work at it to fix your decision choice.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 14 Oct 2011, 10:59

Apparently it just effects some minor appearance things (like you can't use a red saber if you aren't 100% evil lol)

I dunno how true it is.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Mick
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post by Mick » 14 Oct 2011, 15:07

EVERY choice has a light side and dark side option OR there will be an option that is neutral.

You can 100% play a Sith and NEVER get any dark side points.

And vice versa obviously.