On resetting skills.

For members and non-members to discuss all things in Tamriel

Moderators: Secro, WasteGate, ESO Officers

Leo Armstrong
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

On resetting skills.

Post#1 » 08 Apr 2014, 03:06

Resetting skills costs 100 gold per skill point currently spent. So if you have spent 25 skill points it will cost 2500 gold.

However you get to keep all the skills you had before the reset. They just stay at whatever level you had them up to.

This also goes for skill points spent in crafting.

I reset my points last night.

I kept my level 11 in clothing and 11 in wood working and even the research and traits I already had done.

Things that were being researched at the time continued their countdown as if nothing had changed once I put the points back into those skills.

So now I have a level 16 alt with 22 spare points to fill up the rest of the crafting skills in one of those two.

22 won't be enough to fully level both but once one of those skills are capped I can respect again back to the other and finish that without losing any of the first maxed tree.

Once both are maxed I can respect and level the toon without any points in crafting but both Cloth and wood will REMAIN maxed should I ever want to spec back into them at any point.

Any questions on reset let me know.

On the Crafter Roster Thread I have updated what I can craft to show what level I am in each skill as well as:

What foods I can make and what is needed if you want them made.
What light armour I can make and the traits in each armour I have researched.
What staffs I can make and what traits I have researched on each staff.

I will update the thread each week so you can check it out if you need something in the future.

If you need anything on the current lists and have the mats for it, let me know and I will make it for free.

Rexor
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Re: On resetting skills.

Post#2 » 11 Apr 2014, 13:58

So if I reset because I picked the wrong upgrade on an attack skill (e.g. range instead of damage boost)... it will remember what level that skill was at and I can select it and select the right upgrade for it? (I hope this makes sense...)
...many other MMOs I don't remember the details.

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#3 » 11 Apr 2014, 14:06

Rexor wrote:So if I reset because I picked the wrong upgrade on an attack skill (e.g. range instead of damage boost)... it will remember what level that skill was at and I can select it and select the right upgrade for it? (I hope this makes sense...)

Yes that's my understanding.

So if you got a skill to IV, then picked the branch skill and it got to II and you reset, later you will pick it back up at II if you went back to it.

Wastey :D
Join the Southern Cross Steam group or find us on Facebook

<SWG 2003-2009> <EQ2 2005-2006> <WoW 2005-2015>
<LotRO 2007-2009> <AoC 2008-2009> <WAR 2008-2010>
<World of Tanks 2011-
premium> <SW:ToR 2011-active>
<TESO 2014-2014>

Leo Armstrong
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#4 » 11 Apr 2014, 20:43

Exactly... you keep where you got up to in the skill and stops levelling it until you put points back into it.

catweazel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#5 » 11 Apr 2014, 23:13

reset removes all skill points. you can put them anywhere you have unlocked
if you had level 5 in morph A, you will have nothing in morph B.
but can choose to morph to B, your base level is unchanged
if/when you change back to morph A, you will be back to L5 in morph A

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#6 » 14 Apr 2014, 10:41

At 50 I'll probably have to do a skill reset just to get rid of some silly morph choices. Do not look forward to that bill!
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.