Anyone get to a high level in the beta?

For members and non-members to discuss all things in Tamriel

Moderators: Secro, WasteGate, ESO Officers

Leo Armstrong
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: Anyone get to a high level in the beta?

Post#16 » 30 Mar 2014, 13:11

Hi Cat,

again thanks for the info, I think my main gatherer will be a stealth class now.

Do you think a stealth character (solo) could go into a 4-12 person dungeon and stealth past mobs to just loot crates, shelves, barrels and so forth for loot or will you need a full team to just get in.

On item sets, I found a website, let me know if this is what you are talking about.

Unfortunately this list seems to list set bonus but not the names of the traits you need to research to get that bonus.

http://tamrieljournal.com/crafted-item-sets-eso/

catweazel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#17 » 30 Mar 2014, 13:52

stealthing past mobs is tricky in dungeons.
proximity is what reveals stealth, get close and you get spotted.
if the mob is standing at the crate, and you can't get behind the crate due to a cave wall.. problems.
mobs standing in the middle of the tunnel... problems

investing in stealth will help a lot, especially the racial stealth skill lines of reduced detection range
(elves and kat from memory?)
but do not expect to be able to stealth in, loot and stealth out with any degree of efficiency
if you can tag along behind another group, all is good. but not in the instanced 4-12 man dungeons.

you can go into a 4 man dungeon solo, but don't expect to get far, unless you are high level in low level dungeon

looting did NOT remove stealth (may change in final release version?)

stealth was very handy for doing quests in higher level areas also, sneeking past mobs, activating pillers etc.
activating an object DOES removes stealth, but often activates it before being killed.
stealth>activate>unstealth>die>rez > move on to next quest

being attacked halts an activation/harvest action, but quick activates are doable before being interrupted.

set items, yep, that's them.
you choose the traits, any traits, you just need "any 3 traits" unlocked to build that item (if a 3 trait requirement item)
the set bonus is in addition to your traits selected
(you can make a set item with no traits on it, just need to have researched the required number of traits, and still get the set bonus)

add link to links thread :)
the stations show up on map once explored from reasonable proximity, campfire crafting icon.

Leo Armstrong
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#18 » 30 Mar 2014, 14:07

I added that link to our thread on links.

Also added a tips and tricks link, Apparently you can get good buffs in PVP zone at level 10. That page has the map of buff locations.

Also liked the tip of wearing one of each type of armour so you are levelling all armor types as you go.

Also added Alchemy Calculator which has been very well made.

catweazel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#19 » 30 Mar 2014, 15:03

I'm assuming a single toon can have multiple minions/hirelings, from the different craft trees ?
any one know otherwise ?

I may need to rethink the resource requirements and cost/benefit analysis of multiple craft grinding per toon for max hirelings.

Leo Armstrong
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#20 » 30 Mar 2014, 15:15

I found this thread for you.

The posts at the bottom best speak to your question..

In short, yes you can do it but the level of the toons determines the mats, so it is best to get a toon to level 50 then do that so each hirling sends level 50 mats.

If you do it on an alt and leave him at level 3 he will only every give starter zone mats.

Also you must log in each day to get the mats, if you do not log in within that day those mats are lost.

Hope that helps... link below.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonl ... sefulness/

catweazel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#21 » 30 Mar 2014, 15:31

Sweet, that's what I was hopping for.
my main explorer will have enough craft skill to have an army of hirelings
and each craft alt will have minions to gather the low level crafter grind mats, so they can all have minions to gather craft grind mats...

there goes the group trade crafting idea :(
until the alt army has their minion army

Leo Armstrong
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#22 » 30 Mar 2014, 16:14

You will still need to get each craft profession to level 3 on the toon, provisioning is level 28.

If that is your main toon the problem will be that as you level your main will have higher loot coming from hirelings than your alts can craft with. You will need to spend tones of time in each zone just farming for every alt to keep them up to the crafting level of all the loot the hirelings will bring in. Could work well, time will tell.

Group trade crafting idea? Why is that dead?

catweazel
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#23 » 30 Mar 2014, 18:57

my current plan: (subject to change..)

the [main] will explore/kill/harvest/minion collect.
all other alts are there to service the needs of the main

the [prime crafter] will level and craft items for the [main] to use
(I will only be levelling wood and leather (a little metal for the crafters questing armour)
the low level bank slot [junk alts] will use the recycled junk to level crafting to get minions
the junk minions will get low level raw mats for the other [junk alts] to recycle and level crafting to get minions,,,
the junk minions will also get the rare upgrade mats and trait mats, which are not level dependant

I wil level the [junk alts] as/when/if required to keep the [main] in sweet gear

craft trading will be redundant until the alt swarm have all their minions
prime crafter makes 10 helmets, main explorer recycles 10 helmets
prime crafter makes 10 helmets, junk alt1 recycles 10 helmets
" " " " " " junk alt2 .......
once the minions are running, the low level mats will go into anyone that starts an alt and wants sweet low level gear

this is just what I'm doing, it wont work with your craft focus play style :)
I'm just optimizing craft to support the main, and high end guildies with a passion for leather and bows :)

not long to go....

Return to “Elder Scroll Online”