More and more friends

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about Guild Wars 2

Moderator: GW2 Officers

Xtrouble
Keyboard Turner

More and more friends

Post#1 » 04 Sep 2012, 13:18

Hi all,

Just curious if people have friends that are coming to gw2 from all over the place?

Even people that have not played a real MMORPG before?

I have a few mates from BF3 playing gw2, just found out, they are going to come to IOJ :)

My gf is slowly getting addicted, she loved WoW (3months play)... Hopefully she comes to the dark side.

I truely think Gw2 is the MMO we should have had years ago. Damn WoW and their lack of revolution.

Beothel
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Re: More and more friends

Post#2 » 04 Sep 2012, 13:51

I've got one friend who is looking at getting the game, and she's someone who has never touched an MMO before, and two other friends looking into it who are long term WoW players who haven't touched another MMO since.

Honestly, WoW wasn't the issue with regards to innovation. They innovated substantially more than people give them credit for, and above all they produced a polished product that was accessible. The real issue was that every other company who made an MMO did nothing but try to replicate their success without innovating or without the polish.
Guild Wars2 - Beothel (Sylvari Ranger), Ailtrai (Human Engi))
SW:TOR - Beothel (Sith Marauder), Illusia (Chiss Sniper)
LoTRO - Beothel (Human Lore-Master)
WAR - Beothel (Chaos Marauder)

Xtrouble
Keyboard Turner

Post#3 » 04 Sep 2012, 14:24

haha yeah we do like NOT to give WoW credit.
I bought my GFs Serial from www.mmogarden.com as you cannot purchase through GW2 atm

Faetan
The Patient
The Patient

Post#4 » 04 Sep 2012, 14:45

Yes I do agree a lot of people are coming over to the good side. As Beo said everyone tried to carbon copy it.

I am actually impressed with this game it is a lot of fun and once we get good at playing WvW as a group (we are doing ok but last night was horrific) it will be even better.

Wolfie
Grunt

Post#5 » 04 Sep 2012, 18:17

Beothel wrote:Honestly, WoW wasn't the issue with regards to innovation. They innovated substantially more than people give them credit for, and above all they produced a polished product that was accessible. The real issue was that every other company who made an MMO did nothing but try to replicate their success without innovating or without the polish.

There were MMO's before WoW ya'know? Wow was no different to EQ1, DAoC and a bunch of others, they just copied what everyone else was doing...

If you want innovators, look at Everquest 1 and Asherons Call - the grand daddies of the MMO world... and lets not get started on MUD's ;)

Thebigman
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#6 » 04 Sep 2012, 18:48

Ultimate Online and the Korean MMOs (Lineage 1) also deserve some credits.

Sorceron was telling me that some his WoW addict friends who haven't played anything else have tried GW2 and love it. They are thinking of canning WoW subscriptions and not buy the pokemon panda extension.

Skidmark
The Patient
The Patient

Post#7 » 06 Sep 2012, 01:26

Wolfie wrote:
Beothel wrote:Honestly, WoW wasn't the issue with regards to innovation. They innovated substantially more than people give them credit for, and above all they produced a polished product that was accessible. The real issue was that every other company who made an MMO did nothing but try to replicate their success without innovating or without the polish.

There were MMO's before WoW ya'know? Wow was no different to EQ1, DAoC and a bunch of others, they just copied what everyone else was doing...

If you want innovators, look at Everquest 1 and Asherons Call - the grand daddies of the MMO world... and lets not get started on MUD's ;)

I miss MUDs so much. So much fun with such simple tech. Even used to be an Imm on one for a few years. I honestly think its the most fun I ever had with a MMO experience, although you really couldn't call them massive for the most part.

/nostalgia
=-=-=-=-=

krokz
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post#8 » 06 Sep 2012, 11:46

Xtrouble wrote:My gf is slowly getting addicted, she loved WoW (3months play)... Hopefully she comes to the dark side.

Hopefully mate :) then we can lvl haha!

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#9 » 06 Sep 2012, 13:18

Holy shit Krokz just made his second post EVA!! Btw u got members access?
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"

nes
Keyboard Turner

Post#10 » 06 Sep 2012, 14:21

wait? We can post stuff now?

PS: Hi Ash! ^_^

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#11 » 06 Sep 2012, 14:35

nes wrote:wait? We can post stuff now?

PS: Hi Ash! ^_^

WTH, what shrub did you just climb out of?? Joining us for GW2?
Oh and hi! Good to hear from you :)
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"

nes
Keyboard Turner

Post#12 » 06 Sep 2012, 14:36

^_^

And five other words yay :P

krokz
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post#13 » 06 Sep 2012, 15:07

ashvar wrote:Holy shit Krokz just made his second post EVA!! Btw u got members access?

Yup i sure did!
Prepare to see alot more of me too :)

Return to “Guild Wars 2 General Discussion”