question: what sever?

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about Guild Wars 2

Moderator: GW2 Officers

Flake
Keyboard Turner

Re: question: what sever?

Post#16 » 04 Sep 2012, 11:18

Sounds good to me. I know Thalantyr our web guru was also looking at setting something up. Maybe I'll send him over here to discuss.

But definitely agree on a central forums and maybe jumping on TS or Vent to have a discussion. We host our own TS server, so can increase that to whatever. I'm flexible.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#17 » 04 Sep 2012, 11:20

http://isleofjanthir.net/forum/

:P

Yes I know it looks shit
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Flake
Keyboard Turner

Post#18 » 04 Sep 2012, 11:33

Hey Secro,

Let's work with your idea. I don't have an issue having a server forum however you might want to lock down a section for alliances, where users need to be added to a group..

This would stop the randoms adding nothing constructive to the conversation. I dunno just a thought.

Thalantyr
Keyboard Turner

Post#19 » 04 Sep 2012, 11:39

Hey Secro,

It doesn't matter what it looks like really.
Having the forum there will be quite handy for the whole server, which really needs some help at the moment.

In terms of the TS3 server, happy to look into either the AD server or a TKG server.
I don't mind having two tabs open in Teamspeak-3, it works really well and will be the best way for officers to communicate as well.

As much as I'm a forum & web nazi, I'm happy to let you take the reigns on this puppy. Nice job.

.. Thal

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#20 » 04 Sep 2012, 12:14

yeah, the original idea was that it was for the whole server, I wanted to keep the forums "open" so that more people could get involved in WvW. If they are just posting crap it can be deleted :P

It was also intended so that people looking for a guild or alliance to WvW with could go there and find all the information they needed.

I've started a thread there:
http://isleofjanthir.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3

Let's lock in some WvW nights :D
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Flake
Keyboard Turner

Post#21 » 04 Sep 2012, 12:17

Sounds good to me Secro.

We will pass the link around our forums.

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post#22 » 04 Sep 2012, 17:24

If I may offer some advice from my experiences on Henge of Denvari, try and get a good group of people working together on voice comms. You don't need a whole guild there, you just want to get the pvp leaders in there to coordinate individual guild activities. Since your server is apprently struggling, start small. Focus on winning a particular zone, and then try to grow from there adding more guilds in till you can expand to a second zone.

The top alliances, Titan, AA and the one on Jade Quarry (whose name I forget) were put together in the months before GW2. They had time to think through alot of stuff, vet guilds and build relationships. You won't be able to match them in the short term but if you can start small you can try and beat them in individual zones (if you run up against them) and build on these achievements.

Just my 2cents.
Chrien
"You've gotta make decisions, you've gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions. If you don't make decisions you're stuffed" - Joe Simpson
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft
Current Character: Khrien - Druid - Horde Khaz-goroth

deady
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#23 » 09 Sep 2012, 13:01

i read in chat some one posted http://isleofjanthir.us/

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin