Stress test zz

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about Guild Wars 2

Moderator: GW2 Officers

Rexor
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Re: Stress test zz

Post#16 » 11 Aug 2012, 12:12

Just played the Saturday stress test. Horrible lag in sPvP. Beautiful graphics. I have mine maxed and I saw a significant improvement from BWE3 even.
I played my thief in sPvP first time. It is awesome. Mostly bow, can't catch a bow thief. Then double dagger for the finishers. Insane mobility. Love it. Also looks super cool. The warrior on the other hand looked plain stupid as a human fully geared even if it did feel like he dishes out more damage. Not as good mobility.
In areas with multiple ledges the bow step ability is just insanely good.
The lag made melee fighting almost impossible. Wasn't there in BWE3 though so probably just the "stress".

I CAN'T WAIT FOR 25th!!!

Does anyone now if sPvP is a viable way to level? I can see myself spending lots of time there.
...many other MMOs I don't remember the details.

Fandin
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#17 » 11 Aug 2012, 13:00

the purple bar that goes in Spvp isnt your real level... you automatically get boosted to level 80

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#18 » 11 Aug 2012, 13:02

no xp is gained from sPvP, plenty of glory but no xp. Open world PvP however could be a viable way to lvl as long as youre in a group that's actively capturing supply camps, towers and keeps

By the way Rex you bringing your pvp skills to SC for GW2?
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"

Saewyn
Grunt

Post#19 » 11 Aug 2012, 18:27

Beo and I tried out our Warrior/Guardian duo for today's stress test. Started off okay and then after an hour or so...

On another note, has anyone been to the Game Masters exhibition at ACMI? It's pretty cool :D
Was running through ideas of how to steal their Alienware computers while playing Diablo III.

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#20 » 16 Aug 2012, 13:56

Id imagine they are applying fewer and fewer nodes to a server until said lag gets too much just to see what happens.

And they'll still fuck it up come launch day :)
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Rhianwynn
LotRO Officer
LotRO Officer

Post#21 » 16 Aug 2012, 14:18

I spent most of my time in character creation finding all the 'not responding' bugs in it. :P

I did get to run around for a bit but there were so many people it was an incomprehensible cluster fuck and I had no idea what was going on although apparently I did some dynamic events? lol

The mesmer illusions were buggy though, they weren't shattering properly.

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Post#22 » 16 Aug 2012, 14:26

Kashak wrote:Id imagine they are applying fewer and fewer nodes to a server until said lag gets too much just to see what happens.

And they'll still fuck it up come launch day :)

During this mornings Stress Test they asked everyone (Global Yell) to head to Queensdale for "testing" when I zoned into the area it wasn't too bad but I had noticed I had been placed into an Overflow server (for that zone) so I'd say thats what they were testing (they did the same test with another starting zone but can't remember the name of that one)

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#23 » 16 Aug 2012, 14:29

lol - i always have a pretty stable time over in sylvari land. Had I guess about 4-5 disconnects in the 3hrs I played. 1 actual crash.... I'm guessing that's pretty decent haha

I really like dual swords as a warrior, stacking all the bleeds and just watch the numbers spray everywhere is amusing at times :P

Can't wait till I can start actually using tactics and playing with different builds.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post#24 » 16 Aug 2012, 17:23

Monarche
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post#25 » 21 Aug 2012, 10:05

Another test on the way

We will be conducting a stress test tomorrow Tuesday, August 21 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

Please note:
* The stress test is open to anyone who has pre-purchased Guild Wars 2.
* Characters will not be wiped from the previous Stress Test.
* The Stress Test will include Spanish text localization. ~RB2
Wokeye - GW2 & WAR | Monarche - EVE online & EQ2

Rhianwynn
LotRO Officer
LotRO Officer

Post#26 » 21 Aug 2012, 10:09

Australia time zone for stress test??

Edit: I think it is 05:00-09:00 22-08 for us on AEST but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Monarche
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post#27 » 21 Aug 2012, 12:14

yep 5:00 to 9:00 AEST seems right..
Wokeye - GW2 & WAR | Monarche - EVE online & EQ2

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#28 » 21 Aug 2012, 12:18

5am to 9am tomorrow
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Post#29 » 21 Aug 2012, 13:47

Secro wrote:5am to 9am tomorrow

3 AM to 7 AM for us Perthies >_<

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#30 » 21 Aug 2012, 16:25

shaddowofadream wrote:
Secro wrote:5am to 9am tomorrow

3 AM to 7 AM for us Perthies >_<

You get awesome beaches and nice weather and a mining boom AND YOU WANT GOOD TIMES FOR STRESS TESTS!?

No! A shark pox on thee! Oh wait...