Beta Weekend Feedback

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about Guild Wars 2

Moderator: GW2 Officers

Azza
The Patient
The Patient

Re: Beta Weekend Feedback

Post#16 » 30 Jul 2012, 03:20

I'll be likely rolling Engineer. I had INSANE amounts of fun with an engineer in BWE3. I hated it in BWE1 and didn't get much of a chance in BWE2. Plus I really like the idea of a Charr Iron legion engineer. :D

I really like the versitility of the class and managed to be really effective in sPVP using an arms/elixir trait line and basically being a solo behemoth. I didn't get much time to try but I love the fact that you can go from being that solo type character to a turtle character placing mines and turrets and calling in supply crates and the like. They really buffed the hell out of the main weapons between BWE1 and 3.

Guardian:
I really like the abilities of this class but the mere fact it has one of the smallest HP pools in game has turned me off from playing it.

Elementalist:
I -really- liked this class in pve and -really- didn't like it in pvp. It was too twitch based having to micromanage your different attunements and keep a close eye on the cooldowns before switching into the one you want. It's going to be really powerful in capable hands, but those hands aren't mine, I need something slightly slower paced.

Ranger:
Great fun except I spent about 90% of my time reviving my pet because the dumb thing always got caught in mobs attacks. Don't know if they fixed it or are going to fix it.

Mesmer:
Seriously needs work, your entire class mechanic is useless in pve events with more then 5 people because everything dies too quickly to get your illusions up and running making for quite a frustrating experience.
WoW: Estella - EVE: Arksy - Aion: Arkdo

Sorceron
Grunt

Post#17 » 01 Aug 2012, 22:54

I only got one day of beta, played thief to 13. As a long time rogue/stealth (ok, griefer), I was a bit disappointed there was no permanent stealth. This class is NOT a rogue. However, I think it will be a very powerful pvp class.

Thief has medium armour, so not so squishy, but no tank.

I think the key tactic for Thief is the jump. With a melee weapons rig, you can jump in from range, burst damage, back stab where the computer moves you to the targets back, smack, smack, smack, then jump back to your starting point. So, it looks to me like its a leap, stun, burst, leap away tactic.

The twin pistols are powerful for ranged.

I didn't like pistol / knife, as it was a bit of a hybrid. I prefered pure melee, or pure ranged, with melee jumping a lot.

Thief seems to have escape tricks, which should make him hard to kill in the hands of an expert.

Also, consider 2-3 seconds of stealth, combined with jump away. So you could leap in from an unseen location, kill a target among a group before the others know what you're doing, stealth and jump, so they can't see where you have gone, then run!

Only got to 13, but this is the way it was building for me. Lots of potential. 2-3 Thieves working together with jump/burst/stealth/jump tactics might be quite a problem. Time will tell.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#18 » 01 Aug 2012, 23:06

I really like thief/rogue classes that don't have perma stealth >< Wish I never stopped playing witch elf in WH, cause blackguard was crap.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post#19 » 02 Aug 2012, 09:27

The people who tried to play WH in RvR didn't have much fun either Bradley
Chrien
"You've gotta make decisions, you've gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions. If you don't make decisions you're stuffed" - Joe Simpson
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft
Current Character: Khrien - Druid - Horde Khaz-goroth

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#20 » 02 Aug 2012, 10:37

Yeah wasn't expecting it to be much different in RvR, pve and bg's were more fun though.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Fandin
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#21 » 02 Aug 2012, 14:55

Azza wrote:Mesmer:
Seriously needs work, your entire class mechanic is useless in pve events with more then 5 people because everything dies too quickly to get your illusions up and running making for quite a frustrating experience.

I dont really agree with the mesmer part, i did manage get illusions up really quickly past level 20 once i had unlocked most on my skills, i suppose if you ask Krok'z and Ash how much of a dick i was to them in Spvp with the illusions i'd say they were fine.

Beothel wrote:Really hoping the final changes to the Mesmer improve the overall polish for PvE - I love the overall concept other than the shattering mechanic, and their traits seem lackluster too. But they are looking at changing a number of things with them before the game goes live.

random boon buff <3 agree with some of the other random shit they have but the blink and portals combined with the CC was amazingly fun for PvE and PvP.