Grunt

Silkath Ruin - Guardian - Accepted

Post#1 » 15 Sep 2012, 10:35

. About You

Please state your

1.1 First Name / Age / Location:
A: Nic/27/Melbourne

1.2 Usual Playtimes:
A: 8:00pm-12:00am weeknights, random times at the weekend. Keeping the girlfriend happy means that I only really get to play for a good chunk of time (3/4 hour periods) every other day, though I can normally sneak in an hour or two after she's gone to bed.

1.3 Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A: Fraid not

1.4 How did you hear about SC?
A: isleofjanthir.net, the gw2au.com guild codex and a bit of recruitment spam in WvW last night

1.5 Are you applying to SC to Raid/PvP or Socialize? Or a combination? Please specify your intentions and also your goals in Guild Wars 2 as a whole
A: I'm mainly interested in WvW and the social side of things, though I'll happily run PvE content and may dabble a bit in sPvP

1.6 What other MMOs have you played? (feel free to go into detail)
A: Ultima Online, Planetarion (a turn-based strategy mmo where I helped run an alliance of 600 ish players for a while), Shattered Galaxy (an mmorts - think Starcraft with 40 players on each side), WoW (TBC to mid-WotLK)

1.7 Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: I'm a Brit but moved to Melbourne for work a year ago. I live in a cosy 1-bedroom apartment with my partner so won't always be able to be very chatty over whatever voice chat you use but I'll always be able to listen.

2. About Your Characters

2.1 List your character(s) Name / Profession / Race / Level
A: Silkath Ruin / Guardian / Asura / 54

2.2 What guilds have you been in? (This doesn't have to be specific to GW2)
A: None in GW2. A couple in my WoW days, most recently Absolution on EU-Ghostlands

3. PvP

3.1 What are your achievements of note in PvP? (high rank / Arena rating / etc)
A: Until GW2 I was mainly a PvE focused player so I don't have any PvP achievements of note.

3.2 Have you experienced PVP in a large scale environment, ie, Warhammer Online / Aion / Rift?
A: Only really the early days of Alterac Valley (before people just rushed the Keep Lord), where you could log in, play for a couple of hours, go to bed, wake up, log back in at the battle would look exactly the same. Wanting to recapture that feeling of persistent, long-term engagements that really mattered is the main thing that drew me to GW2 and in particular WvW.

4. Other Stuff

4.1 Do you have any achievements relavent to your application you'd wish us to note?
A: Not really :(

4.2 What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: Having run around in WvW feeling like a bit of a headless chicken at times I'm really looking to play with a group of players who will bring some purpose and organisation to that WvW experience, while being able to have fun doing so. I'm a team player and tend towards support roles in mmos. I can follow instructions, while also taking the initiative when needed. And having a Brit in the guild will allow you to indulge in plenty of pom bashing.

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Re: Silkath Ruin - Guardian

Post#2 » 15 Sep 2012, 11:15

Silkath wrote:...I'm a team player and tend towards support roles in mmos. I can follow instructions, while also taking the initiative when needed...

Accepted.

Those are precisely the qualities we want in our Wpvp grp members. Welcome to Southern Cross Nic and its a pleasure to have another guardian keen on WvW.
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"