Grunt

Terry Tubby - Guardian - Accepted

Post by maxwolfie » 30 Aug 2012, 08:26

1. About You

Please state your

1.1 First Name / Age / Location:
A: Greg / 26 / Western Sydney, NSW

1.2 Usual Playtimes:
A: 5:00PM - 10:00PM weekdays, weekends during the day and night (at random times).

1.3 Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A: Yes, I was in the LOTRO guild chapter for quite a while. Euph (Euphoria/Elshorto) was the guild leader at the time, I am not sure about now. There was also Cougarz, Stig, Treblecleft and many others that seem to be testing my memory :) If you'd like to check up on me, my main's name was Mangloo Shoes.

1.4 How did you hear about SC?
A: Through LOTRO, they were a highly regarded guild in the game so I applied. I stayed there for the rest of my LOTRO days.

1.5 Are you applying to SC to Raid/PvP or Socialize? Or a combination? Please specify your intentions and also your goals in Guild Wars 2 as a whole
A: A bit of both, I am a new player (as we all are), so I'm really just looking for a good group to experience all aspects of the game with. I am particularly interested in end game co-operative/group content though.

1.6 What other MMOs have you played? (feel free to go into detail)
A: A lot, but mainly GW1, WoW and LOTRO.

1.7 Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: I've been a fairly avid gamer since I was young. I'm now 26 and haven't really changed much ;)

2. About Your Characters

2.1 List your character(s) Name / Profession / Race / Level
A: Terry Tubby - Guardian / Norn / 5
The others are at level one and not even worth mentioning. I do not particularly like playing solo, so I'd really like to join up before I get too far with any of my characters :)

2.2 What guilds have you been in? (This doesn't have to be specific to GW2)
A: SC and a few reasonable ones in WoW. I've also had my go at running some guilds in WoW and GW1. It takes a lot of time and effort to run a guild - more than people think. So I appreciate the effort that people go to to ensure an enjoyable experience for all members.

3. PvP

3.1 What are your achievements of note in PvP? (high rank / Arena rating / etc)
A: Nothing as yet!

3.2 Have you experienced PVP in a large scale environment, ie, Warhammer Online / Aion / Rift?
A: Only BGs in WoW. To be honest I'm not a massive PvP person, but I'll give it a go. It's probably just because I suck ;)

4. Other Stuff

4.1 Do you have any achievements relavent to your application you'd wish us to note?
A: Not really - I'm an underachiever ;)

4.2 What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: A good group of people to play a good game together, to make it into a great game. I am an active and mature gamer so I hope I can contribute to the guild by sharing knowledge, ideas, builds, items or just plain fun with other members!

If your application is accepted you may contact an officer in game for your invite.

Mooney, Ancal, Faetan, Ashvar, Bigtwanga
Terry Tubby - Norn Guardian
Man in Pink Tights - Human Ranger
Yoda Parseghian - Asura Thief
Treebeards Roommate - Sylvari Necromancer

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Re: Terry Tubby - Guardian

Post by ashvar » 30 Aug 2012, 12:02

Welcome back to SC mate, always a pleasure to welcome members from other games into our GW2 chapter. Just send a tell to an officer in game whenever your ready and I'll sort ur access now.
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"