Boba
Keyboard Turner

Hexer Boba - Human Mesmer - Accepted

Post#1 » 29 Aug 2012, 09:20

1.1 First Name / Age / Location: 
A: Alan / 23 / Melbourne

1.2 Usual Playtimes: 
A: 5pm-11pm

1.3 Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life) 
A: Audux / kalleed. I work with him and it's how I heard about the guild. 

1.4 How did you hear about SC? 
A: As stated above, from Audux. 

1.5 Are you applying to SC to Raid/PvP or Socialize? Or a combination? Please specify your intentions and also your goals in Guild Wars 2 as a whole 
A: I’m looking to get more into PvP and WvW. I’ve always enjoyed the PvP side of MMOs but have lacked a dedicated friends with the interest in PvP to really take part in it. The game has been out long enough for me to tell that I’ll most likely be playing a lot of it from now on and I would like to be part of a guild where I can interact and enjoy the game with others.  

1.6 What other MMOs have you played? (feel free to go into detail)
A: I use to play a lot of MMOs back in the day but my interest has waned recently until GW2. The MMO that I probably took the most seriously was Ragnarok Online and that was only when the oceanic server was announced. I was part of a guild called SIF and played a priest named nemui-. I was within the first 20 people (16th or 17th iirc)  to reach lvl 99 and the first priest to do so. Eventually a few guild members and I decided to break off and lead our own guild called Valor, and together with SIF we were one of the two major alliances.
In recent times, I’ve played a fair amount of GW1 and a little bit of AoC when that came out. GW1 was probably the last MMO that I truly enjoyed, but as my friends started getting bored of it and moving to WoW, I too started to lose interest as I lost my dedicated party of people to GvG and PvP with.
I like GW2 a lot and I’m trying to make sure that the same thing with GW1 doesn’t happen here by applying to the SC guild J

1.7 Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional) 
A: Uhm. I like potatoes. Also, I play a lot of dota lol.

2. About Your Characters 

2.1 List your character(s) Name / Profession / Race / Level
A: Hexer Boba / Mesmer / Human / …18 or 19. I forget exactly which one and I can’t check from where I am currently.

2.2 What guilds have you been in? (This doesn't have to be specific to GW2)
A: None really worth mentioning unless anyone use to play oRO lol.

3. PvP 

3.1 What are your achievements of note in PvP? (high rank / Arena rating / etc) 
A: Probably nothing note worthy, as I’ve kept mostly to myself, but I’m trying to improve on this by jumping into it more often and seeking out a guild that will PvP more J

3.2 Have you experienced PVP in a large scale environment, ie, Warhammer Online / Aion / Rift?
A: Sure. RO War of Emperium use to have plenty of people fighting over castles. I’m not sure if that’s as huge as the examples mentioned, since I’ve never play them, but I can imagine that the experience would scale reasonably.

4. Other Stuff 

4.1 Do you have any achievements relavent to your application you'd wish us to note?
A: Not really haha… :P

4.2 What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: I’m hoping to be part of a guild that will simply has a blast playing the game. If everyone is enjoying themselves then hopefully that leads to lots of different opportunities to explore the entire content of the game. It also doesn’t hurt if I can help the guild make a name for itself within the server :D
Plus its so lonely playing by yourself ;3;

I think I’ll be a valuable member because I’m always willing to participate and get better. You can count on me to be on whenever I find time.

Kallis
High Overlord
High Overlord

Re: Hexer Boba - Human Mesmer

Post#2 » 29 Aug 2012, 11:18

I'd be Audux, aka Kallis/Kalleed.
Alan was running with us last night in WvW.
Steam: Audux

GW2: Kaleed | Rift: - | WAR: - | AoC: -

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Re: Hexer Boba - Human Mesmer

Post#3 » 29 Aug 2012, 11:59

Hello boba and welcome to Southern Cross. With your past experience in mmo gaming and pvp I'm sure you will fit in just fine, however I must emphasize the fact that you mentioned you liked potatoes was a deciding factor in approving your app :lol:
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"