Second
Keyboard Turner

Second Day - Warrior - Accepted

Post#1 » 24 Aug 2012, 18:13

Please state your

1.1 First Name / Age / Location:
A: Patrick, 25, Melbourne.

1.2 Usual Playtimes:
A: Erratic. Usually after 6pm until late.

1.3 Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A: Nope.

1.4 How did you hear about SC?
A: Msg from Secro on whirlpool.

1.5 Are you applying to SC to Raid/PvP or Socialize? Or a combination? Please specify your intentions and also your goals in Guild Wars 2 as a whole
A: PvP and socialize, Though i will probably give dungeons and raids a go.

1.6 What other MMOs have you played? (feel free to go into detail)
A: WoW, Aion, Rift, Maplestory(lol), Diablo3 (not really mmo). Majority of MMO exp came from WoW,

1.7 Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: I like donuts. And bacon. I play games in my spare time, FPS and MMO but sometimes Dota style games if mates are playing it. Currently Co-Team leader for BF3 16v16 team and 4v4 team.

2. About Your Characters

2.1 List your character(s) Name / Profession / Race / Level
A: Only planning on the one character at the moment, Second Day / Warrior / Asura /over 9000 (games not out lol)

2.2 What guilds have you been in? (This doesn't have to be specific to GW2)
A: WoW -SoS, Phoenix Guardians, Distortion, Next level
BF2/3 + cod: 3fsj, Junglist massive, X5, Revolt (current, used to be 3fsj's FPS players).

3. PvP

3.1 What are your achievements of note in PvP? (high rank / Arena rating / etc)
A: Dont remember, In wow we got to 1800ish screwing around in pve gear iirc. None of us took it seriously.

3.2 Have you experienced PVP in a large scale environment, ie, Warhammer Online / Aion / Rift?
A: Yes, In Rift, and to some extent WoW's world PVP area's (when this was very popular).

4. Other Stuff

4.1 Do you have any achievements relavent to your application you'd wish us to note?
A: I played WoW for 2 years, 1 and a half of which i spent raiding with the top guilds on Caelestrasz. Was considered one of the best paladins on server in PVP and especially PVE dps and healing(more for dps). Also ran the strategy side of raids for Phoenix Guardians who were at the time 2nd best on the server(Which was a good acheivement for only raidins 3 hours a night, 3 days a week). IE explaining the strats and assigning roles ect. they let me have shadowmourne for my help :P

Won the GA 16v16 ladder in BF2, came 2nd or 3rd in the other 6 seasons. Recently our 4v4 team in BF3 was a leading team in the CG ladder (closest thing to esports in aus atm) but we decided to stop playing (its boring).

Very experienced at leading teams over multiple games, especially the strategic and communication of strategy side of things. (Apparently i am easy to understand).

4.2 What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: Mostly just a team to play with and learn the game, hopefully enough to make me stick with it, recent MMO's have been a let down, though this one was very fun in the BWE's. Hoping for a fun group of people who like to joke around and enjoy the game together. Something layed back and not too serious about thing. This may make me a bad match due to my time being split over RL with fiance, BF3 and an MMO. But when i do play i jump on TS/vent and interact with the team/guild.

I'd make a valuable member because i am extremely flexible in what i can do in-game. Was able to play every class in WoW and other MMO's to their full potential very quickly IE i could just use someones random character and read a basic rotation / skill priority and be able to use it effectively, be it tanking, healing or DPS. Was often told i must have no life when borrowing people characters because i out did them on it :P

What makes me most valuable is my ability to come up with the most random and strange things you have every heard in guild chat xD So if you are very easily offended by dark or politically incorrect humour you may need to deny my app xD

If your application is accepted you may contact an officer in game for your invite.

Mooney, Ancal, Faetan, Ashvar, Bigman

Faetan
The Patient
The Patient

Re: Second Day - Warrior Accepted

Post#2 » 24 Aug 2012, 18:22

Second wrote:What makes me most valuable is my ability to come up with the most random and strange things you have every heard in guild chat xD So if you are very easily offended by dark or politically incorrect humour you may need to deny my app xD

Challenge Accepted.

Be prepared.

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Re: Second Day - Warrior

Post#3 » 24 Aug 2012, 18:26

Love it. You had me at team leader for BF3 (massive fan of BF3). Then you went on to add the cherry on top with politically incorrect humor, conclusion? Accepted!
Welcome to SC, glad to have you on with us for GW2 and I am sure there will be many an opportunity for your exp in leading teams and pvp to shine as we take the fight to the opposition in WvWvW.
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"