Sardius
Pandaren Monk
Pandaren Monk

Announcement: Aus/NZ now have Local Servers

Post#1 » 20 Mar 2014, 23:11

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12163546457

EB also emailed me this evening:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Do I have to purchase Reaper of Souls to play on the Australian servers?
A: All Diablo III players will be able to take advantage of the new local game servers right now, at no additional cost.
Q: Will I need to pay any fees, register to transfer characters, or level up from scratch?
A: No! Because the local Diablo III game servers will be linked with the existing Americas region, all characters, gold, and experience will be unaffected. The introduction of Australian servers will be an immediate benefit to the player, providing a smoother, more responsive gameplay experience.
Q: Will I still be able to play with my friends who are on servers in the Americas?
A: Absolutely! Because the Australian Diablo III game servers will communicate with the servers in the Americas, you will be able to seamlessly play with friends who have already started their adventures there. You will simply play on the server of the person who hosts the game, whether that be Australia or America.
Q: What about Hardcore characters?
A: Playing Hardcore characters with high latency is frustrating, especially if this causes you to die. To maintain the quality of the experience, Hardcore characters from ANZ will only be allowed to play on the Australian game servers. In the event that the Australian Diablo game servers are at full capacity, you will be placed in a queue.

Latency has gone from ~300ms on Telstra Cable to 38ms. Might be able to get back into HC now :)
Battle.Net ID: Penguins#1368

D3: Wizard/Crusader/everything, Clan <SC>

World of Warcraft
Kilrogg - Alliance

-RIP-
SW:TOR
Rift

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Re: Announcement: Aus/NZ now have Local Servers

Post#2 » 21 Mar 2014, 09:23

That's pretty fricken cool!

I wonder why now after 2.0 launch they decided this? Still great none the less.

Wastey :D
Join the Southern Cross Steam group or find us on Facebook

<SWG 2003-2009> <EQ2 2005-2006> <WoW 2005-2015>
<LotRO 2007-2009> <AoC 2008-2009> <WAR 2008-2010>
<World of Tanks 2011-
premium> <SW:ToR 2011-active>
<TESO 2014-2014>

Return to “Diablo III Forum”