Moderators: Kashak, Secro

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Patch 1.0.3

Post#1 » 07 Jun 2012, 07:42

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012

Too big to quote it all but the important points:

- They're adding iLvl 63 as a chance to drop in act1 inferno, and increase each act.. so yes, farming act1 will become even more viable (woo!)
- Nelp 5 stack has a garuntee of rares (in addition to general magic find)
- Theyre reducing act2 to less insane instant die
- They're removing mob bonus damage per player in game so its not 10000% easier to solo rather than group play inferno
- Gem merges below Square are almost free
- Attack speed is going to get nerfed, and fixed on items with IAS rather than ASI
- Repair costs are going to sky rockted in inferno to make it actually feel painful dying
- AH tweaks etc..
- Legendaries won't be adjusted in this patch, neither will major class balances only hotfixes.

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Re: Patch 1.0.3

Post#2 » 08 Jun 2012, 11:19

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5590647017#8

Interesting dicusssion on tuning to make glass cannon less the only ranged solution, and to increase melee survivability.

And finally, there are always minor polish adjustments designed to help melee -- such as the AI on some monsters (BEES!!!) being tweaked to run away less often, which again helps melee more than ranged

We're also looking to adjust the damage and health of enemies in Inferno Acts II, III, and IV. This is another change that is primarily for melee with secondary benefits for ranged. A lot of ranged are building glass cannon with the mentality "well, I'll just try not to get hit at all." So, reducing incoming damage when they weren't taking any before isn't significant for them, whereas reducing incoming damage for the melee is a big deal. For the ranged classes, I'm hoping that the incoming damage reduction will make some survival stats more appealing to ranged classes. While before the damage was so large it just felt pointless to try and mitigate any of it at all, after the change hopefully ranged classes will think "well, if I just put on a modest amount of survivability, I don't get 1-shot, so that's worth it." There are some ranged players who are already doing this -- stacking survivability so they don’t have to endlessly kite -- and it just feels like the minimum amount of survivability to avoid the 1-shot is so large it's unattainable. That's one of the things 1.0.3 seeks to address.

Another adjustment being made is increasing both the maximum range and the dead zone of Mortar. Mortar was specifically designed to be an anti-range affix, but many ranged players would just stand even farther away, whereas melee would sometimes get caught in the cross-fire of two Mortars. Increasing the maximum range and the dead zone helps with both of these.

Sovaka
LotRO Officer
LotRO Officer

Post#3 » 10 Jun 2012, 17:15

Raisty wrote:
For the ranged classes, I'm hoping that the incoming damage reduction will make some survival stats more appealing to ranged classes. While before the damage was so large it just felt pointless to try and mitigate any of it at all, after the change hopefully ranged classes will think "well, if I just put on a modest amount of survivability, I don't get 1-shot, so that's worth it."

This is my mentality as a Wizard.
It WAS/IS pointless to try and mitigate, you may as well BEEF your damage because your are going to die in 1 hit anyway, may as well dish as much as you can before you go down. :p
Designing my own game still...
Codename: Planetarian
Aussie Genesis | Ogre3D Dev Thread

Noose
Brewmaster
Brewmaster

Post#4 » 10 Jun 2012, 18:15

I hope this comes in soon, not being able to team up cos we're getting slammed turns it into a solo game for me. I'm quite willing to farm the bejesus out of act 1 as long as there's a chance to get an upgrade now and then, which will make act 2 and beyond less painful.

I farmed for at least 10 hours today, didn't get a single upgrade.

We jumped into act 3 and got belted by the first nameds we hit. Two 'glass cannons' couldnt even burn down a fricken treasure goblin.

Not fun at all.
/blamecam
/pillow secro

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#5 » 12 Jun 2012, 06:27

Damage scaling has been hot fixed, however the damage is still mighty high in act3 (just like when playing with 1 person in the game).

So at least now it makes sense grouping up for act2/3 inferno :)

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#6 » 18 Jun 2012, 20:30

http://d3db.com/news/id/268-datamined-10310057-patch-notes-unofficial/
To be taken with a grain of salt, but looks mostly as one would expect from the design preview blog post.

UPDATE: IAS on Quivers appears to be unchanged, I checked a few (including Dead Man's Legacy) and they retained their pre 1.0.3 values.

Weapons
​Haste 1: Old: (2-3%) New: (2%)
Haste 2: Old: (4-5%) New: (2%)
Haste 3: Old: (6-7%) New: (2-3%)
Haste 4: Old: (8-9%) New: (2-3%)
Haste 5: Old: (10-11%) New: (3-4%)
Haste 6: Old: (12-13%) New: (3-4%)
Haste 7: Old: (14-15%) New: (5%)
Haste 8: Old: (16-17%) New: (6-7%)
Haste 9: Old: (18-19%) New: (8-9%)
Haste 10: Old: (20-25%) New: (10-11%)

Other Types (Rings, Amulet, Gloves, Legendaries)
Haste 1: Old: (2-3%) New: (2%)
Haste 2: Old: (4-5%) New: (2-3%)
Haste 3: Old: (6-7%) New: (3-4%)
Haste 4: Old: (8-9%) New: (3-4%)
Haste 5: Old: (10-11%) New: (4-5%)
Haste 6: Old: (12-13%) New: (5-6%)
Haste 7: Old: (14-15%) New: (6-7%)
Haste 8: Old: (16-17%) New: (8-9%)

Some pretty big changes to the IAS, tho nice to see Quivers dont get destroyed being a class item with IAS as its only bonus and all

Blacksmithing also looks to be getting a big discount for everything below Exalted Grand with most costs almost halving for Exalted and Exalted fine.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#7 » 18 Jun 2012, 21:25

lol there goes most my wizards dps..... I got 2 IAS rings and lidless wall .... oh well :P
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#8 » 18 Jun 2012, 21:34

pretty much 50% nerf still makes it near essential for any/all popular monk builds imo
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#9 » 20 Jun 2012, 05:58

8000g repair bill for 2 deaths.... ouch

On a side note, the treasure goblin run in act2 is still there, although the breakables only drop gold now, and MF doesnt effect openables (corpses or chests). Found an average iLv62 first drop

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#10 » 20 Jun 2012, 06:00

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-patch-1-03-notes-revealed#more-22730

Elemental Arrow (db)

Skill Rune – DiabloWikiNether Tentacles (db)

Tentacles will now only hit each target once

Looks like all bosses have been made harder in infero mode with most gaining 3 minute enrage timers.
Siegebreaker now has reflect damage... yay....... gone from Solo to stand in the corner and watch people kill it :P

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#11 » 20 Jun 2012, 11:39

My impressions from 45mins of play. Act 3 is way easier as monk. I solo'd an illusion firechains plague soul lasher pack without much hassle and without changing my build or gear after the patch. Soul lashers with firechains were basically unkillable for me in 1.02 unless they split up.

Even though I run very little attack speed in current gear the nerf still hurt a lot with spirit generation. I can't maintain active mantra use with Thunderclap and mobs I can stand and fight. A high base speed weapon is even more vital now imo, and if you do manage to get 2 great one handers dual wield will be a good option I think.

I didn't test extensively but I sat and took damage for like 8 seconds vs a pack of act 3 skeles. By comparison 1 fallen used to kill me easily in that time. It also felt like I was getting more life on hit, didn't have time to look at why.
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#12 » 20 Jun 2012, 12:57

I did notice mobs are hitting much softer, my DH survived several hits from blue hellion pack in act2, which never would have happened before!

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#13 » 21 Jun 2012, 07:13

Sovaka
LotRO Officer
LotRO Officer

Post#14 » 21 Jun 2012, 09:28

fk Blizzard and their Stealth Nerfs.

Just Patch Log it ffs!
Designing my own game still...
Codename: Planetarian
Aussie Genesis | Ogre3D Dev Thread

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#15 » 21 Jun 2012, 11:38

lol typical blizzard
I don't like that they treat this like an MMO so much, just so they can keep profiting from the RMAH
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro