Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

May Hotfixes

Post#1 » 24 May 2012, 05:38

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4662223

// May 22 //
General
Players will now receive an error message when attempting to remove a gem from an item with no sockets
Players will now properly have their casting interrupted when attacked while performing resurrect on a fallen group member
Resolved over 30 game and service crashes affecting players

Classes

Demon Hunter
Active Skills
Smoke Screen
Duration reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second (tooltip will still show 2 seconds)
Skill Rune - Lingering Fog
Now increases the duration of Smoke Screen to 1.5 (tooltip will still show 3 seconds)

Monk
Active Skills
Fists of Thunder
Skill Rune - Quickening
Fixed an issue that was causing spirit regeneration to incorrectly trigger off critical hits from other sources, such as Sweeping Wind
Mantra of Healing
Mantra of Healing will now correctly provide only two times the base healing effect for the first 3 seconds after activation, down from four times the base healing effect (tooltip will still show the old value)
Skill Rune - Boon of Protection
A maximum absorption amount has been set to 1000 Life. This skill will be redesigned in an upcoming patch

Wizard
Active Skills
Arcane Torrent
Skill Rune - Cascade
Fixed an issue that was causing Arcane Torrent to fire 3 new missiles per kill instead of only 1 new missile per kill
Number of new missiles generated from this rune will now cap at 10 missiles
Energy Armor
Skill Rune - Force Armor
Amount of damage absorbed from a single attack will now cap at 100% of a player's maximum Life

Items
The rare chest in the Town Cellar in Alcarnus will now only spawn 50% of the time, down from 100%
Players can no longer dual-wield two-handed weapons

// May 18 //
Classes

Monk
Active Skills
Serenity
Skill Rune - Tranquility
Duration of immunity granted to nearby allies from crowd control effects reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second
Encounters
Players will no longer remain invulnerable to attacks after defeating Diablo.
Players can no longer become stuck during Diablo's Shadow Grab ability if a player blinds Diablo while Shadow Grab is being cast.

Items
Equipping a shield on a follower as a demon hunter will no longer disconnect you from the game.

Quests
Act I
Players can now always interact with Karyna during the quest and quest step "Trailing the Coven : Talk to Karyna" when they resume from a save.
Act II
The Enchantress will now always appear during the quest and quest step "Shadows in the Desert : Disrupt the Hidden Conclave."
Act IV
Tyrael will now always be present for the in-game cutscene during the quest and quest step "Prime Evil : Climb to the Pinnacle of Heaven in the Silver Spire."

As expected smoke screen took the nerf bat to the face :(
I was more expecting a cooldown timer, halving the duration seems to wreck most of the runes that applied a buff while it was active. Oh well :)

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: May Hotfixes

Post#2 » 24 May 2012, 09:14

Ah they'll fiddle with it all again if they broke it.
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#3 » 24 May 2012, 09:42

All the key skills of monk have been nerfed too QQ

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#4 » 24 May 2012, 11:08

After clearing hell Belial with Sov this morning, it seems that while the duration of stealth has halved I can still maintain near permanent stealth with some more effort involved.

I'm sure it will be pretty easy once some +Discpline gear is found :)

So all in all, the smoke screen nerf makes it harder, but not impossible.
However the passive runes that only had effects while stealth are somewhat ruined and need to have the effect double to be equal under then new 1 second duration (I'm sure they will adjust runes in a proper patch, as this was only a quick stop them breaking inferno fix).

MJ
WoW Officer
WoW Officer

Post#5 » 24 May 2012, 12:37

Time to delete my monk and reroll.
ImageImage

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#6 » 24 May 2012, 14:13

I guess it's pretty good it doesn't take long to level and achieves are all account based LOL
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

wazari
I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Post#7 » 25 May 2012, 07:05

GG wizard solo invuln build
wazari | irazaw | wazaro | orazaw

bnet - Wazari#6219

#1 Countrist in the world!

ǝɯ ʇou 'uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹɐ noʎ

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#8 » 25 May 2012, 07:47

wazari wrote:GG wizard solo invuln build

Is it broken good n proper now?

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#9 » 25 May 2012, 13:52

Upcoming Hotfixes

5/24/2012
Wizard
Critical Mass (Passive)
Fixed an issue with certain powers that had a higher than intended chance to trigger Critical Mass

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#10 » 28 May 2012, 09:12

A blues clarification on the loot tables

Good point! Yes, Diablo III has an additional difficulty level, Inferno, with a very steep difficulty curve. One bit of misinformation is that loot is static in where it drops, but in fact the loot table bands are quite large. For example the "Inferno Act I loot" has a chance to drop in Hell Act IV as much as it does Inferno Act II. You will need to farm Inferno Act I to get a shot at those higher level items to drop so you can continue progressing.

MJ
WoW Officer
WoW Officer

Post#11 » 28 May 2012, 09:56

Raisty wrote:A blues clarification on the loot tables

Good point! Yes, Diablo III has an additional difficulty level, Inferno, with a very steep difficulty curve. One bit of misinformation is that loot is static in where it drops, but in fact the loot table bands are quite large. For example the "Inferno Act I loot" has a chance to drop in Hell Act IV as much as it does Inferno Act II. You will need to farm Inferno Act I to get a shot at those higher level items to drop so you can continue progressing.

Good news since Inferno Butcher is now my bitch.
ImageImage

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#12 » 29 May 2012, 07:52

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6018173/Game_Design_Update-5_28_2012#blog New game design update relating to 1.02 and 1.03

Summary:
- 1.02 will be stability/service patch
- 1.03 will be balance/changes patch
- 1.1 will be PvP

- Legendaries are going to be given higher iLevel, but not retroactively, so exist Legendaries will be worse off.
- Blacksmithing while leveling will be cheaper/easier to not be a waste of space.
- Items will show their iLevel so people stop complaing when comparing 2 lvl60 items.
- Inferno required farming better gear (as expected), it will be tough if you dont.

Before we get to that, though, we thought it'd be fun to share a few interesting stats we've collected since Diablo III's release:

On average players have created 3 characters each
80% of characters are between levels 1 and 30
1.9% of characters have unlocked Inferno difficulty
54% of Hardcore players chose a female character
The majority of Hardcore deaths (35%) occur in Act I Normal
The most common level 60 build in the game is only used by 0.7% of level 60 characters of that class (not including Passive diversity)
The most used runes for each class at level 60 are Barbarian: Best Served Cold, Demon Hunter: Lingering Fog, Wizard: Mirror Skin, Monk: Peaceful Repose, Witch Doctor: Numbing Dar

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#13 » 29 May 2012, 09:55

Raisty wrote:legendaries are going to be given higher iLevel, but not retroactively, so exist Legendaries will be worse off.

There goes mine and ryan's get rich quick scheme.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#14 » 29 May 2012, 10:01

sweet. Maybe i can buy an old legendary super cheap to get the acheivement :P
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#15 » 29 May 2012, 10:03

Kashak wrote:sweet. Maybe i can buy an old legendary super cheap to get the acheivement :P

LOl ive got one on the AH for like 10k if you want it..silly monk item :p

Return to “Diablo III Forum”