dumb diablo questions

Forum for Diablo III

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

dumb diablo questions

Post#1 » 18 May 2012, 09:20

So fize has decided we are playing diablos and far be it from me to deny her. Couple of questions-

-Have I seen most of what the game offers already by level 6? Kill+Loot stuff.
-Whats the diff between a group of 2 and of 4 ?
-Apparently the aim of the game is to play at Nighmare mode. Why?
-I assume summoning bats and lighting them on fire is not PETA approved DPS.

Im surg3onAThotmaildotcom and Fize is fize#6361 BTW.
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: dumb diablo questions

Post#2 » 18 May 2012, 09:36

Hey QT
You can give out your battle tag (found on battle.net) so people can add you that way, without having to do the whole read ID thing.

I'll quote Noose here loosely "Just saying diablo is clicking on things and killing them is like saying driving a car is just turning a wheel, there is a bit more too it" so if you want to break it down to a very basic level yes it's kill+loot :)

4 players will get harder mobs, more xp, and slightly better loot chances. It's also fun :)

Nightmare is just the difficulty after normal .... there is then "hell" difficulty and finally Inferno
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#3 » 18 May 2012, 09:38

-Whats the diff between a group of 2 and of 4 ?
Monsters get much hp/do more damage, the gives 4 times the xp but its split among party members (so same xp basically), and much better loot drops due to more difficult monsters.

-Apparently the aim of the game is to play at Nighmare mode. Why?
All the awesome loot/legendaries/set items are found in the harder difficulty, also the monsters get much harder and alot more intersting elite/uniques with alot more modifiers (i.e. extra fast, nightmarish, waller etc..).
In nightmare elites have 2 modifiers, in hell mode 3, in inferno mode 4 ! There are also new modifiers added each difficulty :D

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#4 » 18 May 2012, 12:18

"clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick" omg yellow item, ah its crap
"clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick" noose: oooh an orange item, everyone else: screw you!

:)

ah its a wonderful game :D
at least people cant steal each others items this time, bad for me, good for everyone else in my game ;)

wazari
I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Post#5 » 18 May 2012, 13:32

Kash dont worry about random questions, just play!
wazari | irazaw | wazaro | orazaw

bnet - Wazari#6219

#1 Countrist in the world!

ǝɯ ʇou 'uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹɐ noʎ

Noose
Brewmaster
Brewmaster

Post#6 » 18 May 2012, 13:36

Raisty wrote:"clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick" noose: oooh an orange item, everyone else: screw you!

It's good to be the king. :twisted:
/blamecam
/pillow secro

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#7 » 18 May 2012, 14:04

Noose wrote:
Raisty wrote:"clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick" noose: oooh an orange item, everyone else: screw you!

It's good to be the king. :twisted:

Why dont you just hold the button down - it will auto attack for you..no need to clickbash a mouse...

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#8 » 18 May 2012, 14:11

Point of the game: whatever is fun for you. Despite being online only etc diablo at its core imo is a solo or coop PvE focused game. Meaning you can do whatever floats your boat.

Common goals are beating the hardest difficulty (inferno this time around), having fun blowing shit up which like you said starts @ like level 4, getting the best possible gear (equipping as much magic find as possible then going to kill champs/bosses), trading (playing AH), or hoarding (getting mules to collect every unique etc).

For those that like to put their trust in australian internet and battlenet servers there is hardcore mode where death is permament for extra challenge. Generally gives a much more intense gameplay experience and encourages a slower, more defensive playstyle. I like it in moderation but sometimes just want to blow shit up without worrying...

Previous Diablo games were Alt heaven, this time around character choice isnt so permanent. still every class plays quite different so 1 of each class etc. D3 is definitely more focussed on the end game rather than the journey in comparison to previous diablo games. Variant builds (using uncommon skills or items to support a dif playstyle) and variant play modes (like ironman, where you can only use what drops and cant replay areas) were very popular and sometimes fun in old diablo games. Again this may or may not transfer over, naked runs for instance are much harder if not impossible because stats/skills are balance differently.

Leveling races were also very common in D2, but there was a ladder to track progress etc. In D3 it's more like MMO with a race towards server firsts rather than an ongoing or seasonal thing.

Also just to correct Raisty, I could be wrong but I am pretty sure unlike D2, loot drops in D3 are not better quality in a party. In D2 the harder mobs did drop better quality and quantity of drops which was very noticable on Act bosses etc, but drops were a free for all. In D3 every player gets their own individual loot drops, so by playing a 4 player game each mob has a drop chance for each player, meaning its an increase in quantity only not quality, and thats only if people are nearby to each other to loot the same monsters.

edit: oh and they are adding casual arena style pvp in a few months. Previous diablo games were plagued with open world PKing usually with exploits/hacks, this time around its going to be seperate from the main game.
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#9 » 18 May 2012, 14:57

Why dont you just hold the button down - it will auto attack for you..no need to clickbash a mouse...

But I like clicking!!

The best way to be lazy is hold down and just tap shift to stutter step attack while moving.

But I still prefer mass clicking, pavlovian response from the way I played D1 and D2, clicking = good :)

Mooney
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#10 » 18 May 2012, 15:05

Its the moment when you realize how many monsters you just slaughtered in the last 5 minutes is when you love diablo

also loot, so.much.loot

loot