Blizzard pulls PvP from Diablo III for launch

Forum for Diablo III

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

Skidmark
The Patient
The Patient

Blizzard pulls PvP from Diablo III for launch

Post#1 » 11 Mar 2012, 10:01

So, not sure if I'm mad about this or not. Leaning towards yes, yes I am though. I understand not wanting to release a subpar element of a game, especially one as heavily promoted as Diablo III and shit PvP would be terribad and all, but still pretty disappointed that it won't be in the game with release.

When a release date is nearing and a crucial game feature is falling behind, what is a studio to do? If you're Blizzard and you're looking at the fate of one of the biggest titles of the year, you yank the offending feature from the game so as to not delay the entire product.

Blizzard announced today that Diablo III's PvP is not living up to the studio's standards and that it will be removing it for now in order to keep the game on track for launch. So why not just hold back the game until it's completely ready? In the words of the studio, "We ultimately felt that delaying the whole game purely for PvP would just be punishing to everyone who's waiting to enjoy the campaign and core solo/co-op content, all of which is just about complete."

Diablo III's PvP functionality will be restored at an unspecified later date with multiple Arena maps, achievements, personal progression, and a matchmaking system.

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4574895
=-=-=-=-=

Maedhlyn
Epic!
Epic!

Re: Blizzard pulls PvP from Diablo III for launch

Post#2 » 11 Mar 2012, 20:58

Diablo has never been about pvp. It's like 98% a pve game, pvp was just kind of tacked onto the side. You need to do the pve side of the game before you can effectively pvp anyway, so in a month or two when they patch it, people will actually be ready for it.
Sig.

Mick
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#3 » 12 Mar 2012, 13:19

yeah i think its a good thing - i dont care about pvp and even if i did, i would want to be max level before i do it seriously anyway

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » 12 Mar 2012, 13:49

Chopping features left and right ;)
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Return to “Diablo III Forum”