Inferno Difficulty

Forum for Diablo III

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Inferno Difficulty

Post#1 » 01 Sep 2011, 21:11

Any opinions? Blizz announce it while I was on holiday. Basically it will be a 4th difficulty level which comes after Hell. All monster levels will be higher than max character level and they are trying to make every area/act about the same difficulty level to encourage people not to farm in one place.

Personally I think it will need a lot of work, unless the entire game is super bland and uniform, there are always going to be areas that are better/worse. I am interested to see if they add other incentives to encourage variety after they realise they are trying to do the impossible with a flat difficulty thing. RMAH will just create a way bigger incentive than usual for people to only run the most efficient content anyway.

To me the obvious thing would of been to make stuff much more random in Inferno meaning people cant go to X place to farm consistently.

As long as it doesn't devolve to cow runs I don't care >_<
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Inferno Difficulty

Post#2 » 01 Sep 2011, 21:23

lol, if it's "too hard" might be quicker just to level in Hell :)
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#3 » 02 Sep 2011, 00:11

forgot to mention its basically for max lvl characters only
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#4 » 02 Sep 2011, 08:16

Spoticus wrote:forgot to mention its basically for max lvl characters only

Or lowbies leeching xp from max lvls :P

Selphie
Epic!
Epic!

Post#5 » 02 Sep 2011, 23:12

Spoticus wrote:Any opinions? Blizz announce it while I was on holiday. Basically it will be a 4th difficulty level which comes after Hell. All monster levels will be higher than max character level and they are trying to make every area/act about the same difficulty level to encourage people not to farm in one place.

Personally I think it will need a lot of work, unless the entire game is super bland and uniform, there are always going to be areas that are better/worse. I am interested to see if they add other incentives to encourage variety after they realise they are trying to do the impossible with a flat difficulty thing. RMAH will just create a way bigger incentive than usual for people to only run the most efficient content anyway.

To me the obvious thing would of been to make stuff much more random in Inferno meaning people cant go to X place to farm consistently.

As long as it doesn't devolve to cow runs I don't care >_<

cow runs were fun! mooooooooooooooooooooo
although in hell hardcore the cow king was often very scary.