Forum for Diablo III

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

NDA GONE

Post#1 » 01 Aug 2011, 19:17

Wow some big news has been released.

Pay with real money auction house coming to the game for player to player sales built in to the game.
You store the cash in your blizz account and can buy blizz products or cash it out to your bank account
fee charged on listing
% of sale fee charged
and then finally a fee for moving to your bank
unique drops per person - eg what you SEE drop in game, is yours to pick up. You won't see anything you can't pick up drop.
no news on when beta is yet
no news on release (still said to be this year so .....)

I'm guessing nov 15 release, exactly when SWTOR is likely to release!! LOL
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Re: NDA GONE

Post#2 » 01 Aug 2011, 19:37

you forgot they removed skill points... because they couldn't make it cool.. sigh
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#3 » 01 Aug 2011, 19:59

SIGHUS MAXIMUS

I didn't actually know that :O

Though I did see how you can use runes to change your spells :P looks BOSS

please don't fuck this game BLIZZARD

Demandread
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#4 » 01 Aug 2011, 20:40

saw that this morning but thought it was a fake...how fucking low is blizz they are basically employing farmers in china to make them money

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » 01 Aug 2011, 20:53

That is certainly one view yes.

I noticed you can also list your items for gold?

We all know how worthless gold was in D2 .... SOJ's were the main currency......

Are they wanting more people to play the real cash AH thus generating them more revenue?

I also noticed ALWAYS online to play, even single player and all characters are saved to blizzards servers .... good bye hacks and piracy :O The hacks wern't so bad, as it wasn't on b.net. But they were pretty fun in single player and non-b.net multiplayer I reckon.

Personally I didn't think blizzard would just go for the box sales alone, i was expecting a 3 dollar a month premium fee for auction house and other benefits .... Never thought something as massive as this.
This has the potential to generate huge sums of cash for them, and if they go free to play after box sales die down, imagine the huge influx ....

At this stage i will play d3, but i'm reluctant to spend RL money on auctions (even if i will be possibly making money from it too .....), I think SWTOR will be my main online game still 'cause of this.

Everyone should keep updating this thread with news.

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#6 » 01 Aug 2011, 22:03

The single player thing makes me sad, as far as i know me/my brother had the highest legit single player character pre lord of destruction, which basically means we played a metric shit tonne of D2 in the early days. (okay okay so some guy may have had higher but not posted in forums). I won't go into it at length here as there are some pretty obvious reasons why offline / local multi was better. I think it's also worth noting that the longest active Diablo II community, was/is the single player forum community over at diablo.incgamers.com(diabloii.net).

I did have hardcore characters on bnet also (didn't know about SC), but never really got into it because even like 4-5 years later when I had ADSL I would get 2-3k ping spikes. DII also being such a super fast paced game, I usually found I could simply play to a much higher standard in single player, particularly notable on stuff like a sorc.

My issue with the real money AH is a bit different. I never traded much in D2 anyway because the online economy was a hacked shambles, and a guy me and Chrien knew made quite a bit of money doing meph/pindle/baal runs and ebaying the items. (he got like $700 alone on a windforce I think). I even sold my own SWG account to help pay for RL medical bills.

However as Demandred said, essentially Blizzard is making money off you playing the game if you participate in the online economy (even the non RM AH). Sure they can regulate the shit out of it, but I would actually be interested to see if it any governments ban the game based on the implications of all this.

Sadly the only way to play DIII without a real money auction house will be as a hardcore character based on what they have announced so far. I appreciate them including hardcore mode, but actively avoiding dangerous encounters and having a huge amount of play time left up to the whims of lag/disconnects/crashes isn't really my thing.

edit: also beta info pages is up here http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/ev ... ml#summary , doesn't look like they have a date yet.
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Demandread
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#7 » 01 Aug 2011, 23:50

yeah i appreciate that it will probably make the economy more stable than it was in D2 but i think the social problem it will cause for some people is a bit fucked, but having said that im still keen to play, but sure as hell wont be paying $$ for items.

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#8 » 02 Aug 2011, 00:21

yeah obviously most of us here aren't going to be rushing out to blow real money on items.

It does raise some interesting issues with trading though. So you get some decent late game drop when playing with a friend / guildy whatever. Its good for his class not yours. Do you give him the item like it always would of been? Or instead decide to make a few $ selling it? What happens when he gets a better drop next week and proceeds to sell the item you gave him etc.

That's the main reason I'd rather not have real $ incentive to play, very quickly it won't be just a game. With the level of addiction that is very real in a Diablo game there is bound to be a lot of bullshit going on imo.

If it stays the way it is I might have like 1 normal character for a first play through, then play hardcore only.
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#9 » 02 Aug 2011, 07:50

YAY! I can bring back the days of profiteering on Grandfather Blades and Windfurys! :D

I must say I nearly wet myself when I sold an OPEN item I had made using a weapon editor to some guy for IRL cash. Got USD$20 for a sword that he could have made up himself. lawl

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#10 » 02 Aug 2011, 09:56

Spoticus wrote:It does raise some interesting issues with trading though. So you get some decent late game drop when playing with a friend / guildy whatever. Its good for his class not yours. Do you give him the item like it always would of been? Or instead decide to make a few $ selling it? What happens when he gets a better drop next week and proceeds to sell the item you gave him etc.

I was thinking that too, but i guess they would never know it dropped unless you told them. The player to player auctions are anonymous as well.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#11 » 02 Aug 2011, 10:49

Secro wrote:
Spoticus wrote:It does raise some interesting issues with trading though. So you get some decent late game drop when playing with a friend / guildy whatever. Its good for his class not yours. Do you give him the item like it always would of been? Or instead decide to make a few $ selling it? What happens when he gets a better drop next week and proceeds to sell the item you gave him etc.

I was thinking that too, but i guess they would never know it dropped unless you told them. The player to player auctions are anonymous as well.

Oh so they cant actually see that something dropped for you? So no more rushing for the gold items and furiously clicking..

I guess them not knowing is sorta good..

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#12 » 02 Aug 2011, 11:06

Whatever you see drop is yours, the other players in the same game will see their own set of drops.

Will be interesting if there is a magic find stat again.

Apparently the amount of people in the game won't effect drop chances either (it used to increase as the difficulty increase due to the player scaling.) as you'll be killing things faster. Then I guess if its uses your MF stat (if it exists) on your turn for loot to determine what actually drops.

I wonder if that means also the monsters won't scale to players in the game.

And apparently only 4 players in each game .....

What was it previously? I think it was 8 but i'm not sure now... it's been so long.

Ampmana
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#13 » 02 Aug 2011, 11:50

I can see someone putting a grey up for $100 and someone accidentally buying it, there's always someone who does

Battousai
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#14 » 02 Aug 2011, 12:20

Woot !! New career here i come !!

So who wants in on a lan house, a couch, assload of caffeine and farming the shit out of the game on release and selling all drops while everythings new and overpriced??

One thing that sucks .. i remember when i came back to D2 a few years ago .. a random hammerdin who was farming gave me top end paladin gear ... when i was like lvl 20? He socketed new sets and the randomness of the stats were increased by like 1? lol
Currently - .... Dota2?

Too damn damn RPGS - Usually Battousai/Exkalibur toons.

Ampmana
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#15 » 02 Aug 2011, 13:01

When i hadnt played diablo 2 for ages i logged on and gave away a best in slot hammerdin! and a amazon whose chest plate was worth 40 soj/high runes alone, good times