NDA GONE

Forum for Diablo III

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NDA GONE

Post#16 » 02 Aug 2011, 13:51

Battousai wrote:Woot !! New career here i come !!

So who wants in on a lan house, a couch, assload of caffeine and farming the shit out of the game on release and selling all drops while everythings new and overpriced??

One thing that sucks .. i remember when i came back to D2 a few years ago .. a random hammerdin who was farming gave me top end paladin gear ... when i was like lvl 20? He socketed new sets and the randomness of the stats were increased by like 1? lol

I don't think the AH will reach good RL prices right off the bat.
Some people won't want to import funds to their account, rather sell and then buy stuff with those funds.
This is RL money, people are going to be WAY more cautious about spending habits. I can blow 10k gold on a shield in WoW at cata launch cause I knew that I'll make 10k in a day mining at launch. I'm not going to spend 10 bucks on a shield at launch cause I don't know how long it will take to get those funds back.
As people itemize and best in slot starts to get worked out and rarity, this is when items will start to 1) drop, and 2) the BIS items will go out of control.
With the addition of pvp arenas in this game, people are going to be looking for every advantage they can get and people with money who want to participate will shell out. We all know those people who spend 8k on a PC system when they only need to spend 2k on one for their purpose ..... these people won't bat an eyelid at shelling out big money cause someone told them that item x is the best.
Actually I wouldn't be suprised if the non BIS items drop so significantly that the gold AH will be more worthwhile, then the gold sold on the RL AH. Remember blizzard is having a flat listing fee (small ... but still) and then a % of the sale. If you can't get over a dollar for a rare item I won't bother. Cash it in for gold, gather gold, then sell that on the RL AH to people who are leveling up.
Anyway, will be interesting to see how it all plays out regardless.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#17 » 02 Aug 2011, 13:53

Ampmana wrote:I can see someone putting a grey up for $100 and someone accidentally buying it, there's always someone who does

I wonder what blizzard would do in that situation? Interesting :)
It may fix itself as the scammer has to PAY to try and scam people.

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#18 » 02 Aug 2011, 15:50

What's peoples opinion on the skill system? Basically it sounds like guild wars, which I loved for a pvp oriented game. However it seems like it will take away a massive amount of replay value in a Diablo style game.
D1 basically had no class skills just upgrading spells via loot drops. This system seems more in line with that, despite many of the criticisms of D2 vs D1 I never recall the spell/skill tree system being one of them.

I guess it depends a lot of on how much end game content and how fun it is. Personally I only ever had 3 characters that I spent massive time on at high level in D2, but I played like 50+ characters through to at least the end of nightmare.
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#19 » 02 Aug 2011, 17:21

10 character limit as well (1 of each class, normal mode, and hardcore)

Selphie
Epic!
Epic!

Post#20 » 01 Sep 2011, 19:05

ah man, no scrambling for the items?
that was so exciting! but kind of gut-wrenching if you lost something really good :(

i can't wait for d3. oh my god it's going to be so good

not sure i really understand the auction house thing. you have to pay real money to use it in any way?

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#21 » 01 Sep 2011, 21:04

There are 2 separate AH's. One using ingame gold currency which acts like a standard AH from any other game.

Then there is the Real Money AH. Pretty sure the details were not final but basically. You get to list an undecided number of items for free per day/week/month or whatever they set it to. After that free quota all items listed have a small cost to list items. All successful sales have another small set fee per item. Then to take your money out of your bnet account and into your paypal/bank account there is a couple of % fee.

And Hardcore characters only have a normal gold based AH. Presumably to stop issues with ppl spending $100 on an epic helmet then dying the next day because the server lagged.
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#22 » 17 Sep 2011, 21:53

No skill points?
wtf?

skill points and weapon stats number crunching were my favourite parts of d2 :(

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#23 » 18 Sep 2011, 11:23

mmm mmm, welcome to blizzard 2.0

maaaainstream.

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#24 » 18 Sep 2011, 11:25

www.pathofexile.com

Much more like an old style Diablo game, been playing the beta. Still hoping D3 is good though.
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Return to “Diablo III Forum”