Official 1.1 Patch Notes

For members and non-members to discuss all things Rift
Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Official 1.1 Patch Notes

Post#16 » 01 Apr 2011, 11:07

shaddowofadream wrote:The range nerf is noticeable in PvE and I'd guess that in PvP means that you are much more vulnerable to Mages and other ranged souls (marksman?)

Spot said it last night and I think he was right, the worst thing is that it makes you a bigger target for those tab targetting warriors looking for their next target. I tend to look for bards or dudes in dresses but some warrs dont I guess.
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Post#17 » 01 Apr 2011, 11:16

Kashak wrote:
shaddowofadream wrote:The range nerf is noticeable in PvE and I'd guess that in PvP means that you are much more vulnerable to Mages and other ranged souls (marksman?)

Spot said it last night and I think he was right, the worst thing is that it makes you a bigger target for those tab targetting warriors looking for their next target. I tend to look for bards or dudes in dresses but some warrs dont I guess.

Warriors have far too many (4 I think) range closing abilities, many of which will either root,snare or stun the target once the warrior closes the gap.

It certainly seems like PvP as a rogue at the moment isn't much fun, sure you can stealth and pounce on unsuspecting targets (if you're lucky!) but in any other aspect you're much better off barding it up at the back of the group and trying to avoid conflict at any cost.

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#18 » 01 Apr 2011, 11:22

shaddowofadream wrote:The talent that gave you an extra charge for each type of charge loaded used to be Charge Booster, the way it has been re-designed means a massive (100 to 150) drop in dps for Sabs (in PvE) there is now no difference from say loading a player up with 5 blast charges versus 1 Blast, 1 Shrapnel, 1 Ember, etc ... as long as you detonate at 5 charges you get the "benefit" from Charge Booster.

Ahh well disregard everything I wrote then, that'll learn me for not learning the name of my favourite skill :D
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Post#19 » 01 Apr 2011, 11:29

Spoticus wrote:
shaddowofadream wrote:The talent that gave you an extra charge for each type of charge loaded used to be Charge Booster, the way it has been re-designed means a massive (100 to 150) drop in dps for Sabs (in PvE) there is now no difference from say loading a player up with 5 blast charges versus 1 Blast, 1 Shrapnel, 1 Ember, etc ... as long as you detonate at 5 charges you get the "benefit" from Charge Booster.

Ahh well disregard everything I wrote then, that'll learn me for not learning the name of my favourite skill :D

haha all good,

I think the way Charge Booster used to work was pushing players into a direction that wasn't expected, that is using a "bad" rotation of every single charge simply because it gave the highest DeeePS so there was no discreet choice between say loading up on 5 Spike charges versus 3 Spike 1 Blast and 1 Ember (for the debuffs) or even trying to mix in a rotation of 5 embers for the better debuff...

Theorycrafting GO!

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#20 » 01 Apr 2011, 11:33

Sounds like you need a cleric keeping you up so you can smash ppl :)
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#21 » 01 Apr 2011, 11:52

Secro wrote:Sounds like you need a cleric keeping you up so you can smash ppl :)

Pity some slack clerics still haven't reached 50...

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#22 » 01 Apr 2011, 12:48

Some clerics aren't MMO addicts :P
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Post#23 » 01 Apr 2011, 12:52

Secro wrote:Sounds like you need a cleric keeping you up so you can smash ppl :)

Cleric would be better paired with BM face smashing warrior - true story

Nazz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#24 » 02 Apr 2011, 03:22

There was no range nerf, stop looking at old patch notes >_<

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#25 » 04 Apr 2011, 09:12

shaddowofadream wrote:Warriors have far too many (4 I think) range closing abilities, many of which will either root,snare or stun the target once the warrior closes the gap.

Kind of hard to get all 4 at once though. The goal is to give each spec 1 or two. If you count a ranged snare I could gimp myself and get 3 with enough PVP rank.
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Post#26 » 06 Apr 2011, 12:39

Nazz wrote:So maybe the tooltip could be clearer...

"It increases the amount of damage done by 15% per point above 21 not the amount of weapon contribution. So for a 51 point Sab you're looking at 50%(base) * (30 * 15%) which results in hitting for 2.25 Weapon Damage. "

Rift Junkies wrote:Hotfix #13: 2:00am BST 5/3/11
GENERAL
* The intensity of Alsbeth’s assault on Telara is increasing! The number of rifts, invasions, and zone events is rising in all zones!
* Fixed a bug that was allowing some creative people to equip one more weapon than they had hands for. This was not an intentional advantage of being an Ascended.
* Removed Valmera mounts from the resourceful Defiant players who managed to purchase them. Don’t worry, we refunded the cost, and hope you enjoyed them while they lasted!
* The Dye Vendors will be returning from their vacation with this update.
* Guild and PvP Quests: Killing the same character more than once will again give credit toward these quests.
* Quest: Harbinger of Sorrows: Modified quest text for better clarity.
* The Saga of the Endless: Trophies of Death: Quest now updates by closing Death Rifts.
COMBAT
* Warriors: Tempered Will, Paladin’s Devotion, and Ruthless Pursuit can now only be used when the Warrior is under one of the effects these abilities remove.
* Tracking abilities no longer dismount you on use.
BEASTMASTER
* Protective Companion’s Pounce taunt now properly causes the taunt target to switch to the pet.
ELEMENTALIST
* Icy Carapace: Rank 7 now lists the correct damage for this ability.
SABOTEUR
* Charge Booster: Reworded description for more clarity. Using Detonate with 5 Combo Points will fire off a Booster Charge, dealing 50% weapon damage. The total damage dealt is increased by 15% for every point spent in Saboteur above 21.

VINDICATOR [PvP]
* Tactical Strike: Fixed an issue causing this to trigger several times more often than it should. Now triggers 5% per point spent. Damage increase to target has been reduced from 10% to 5% per stack. Description updated to note that this stacks up to 5 times.
VOID KNIGHT
* Residual Absorption will no longer show as a buff that can be clicked on to remove.
WARLOCK
* Empowered Darkness: Ability will no longer get overwritten by weaker buffs.
DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
* A number of Greenscale belts were incorrectly equippable by all characters. They are now limited by class for equipping.
* King’s Breach: Expert: Konstantin’s Mathosian Fury can no longer be removed by player abilities. It also has a tooltip description!
CRAFTING
* Salvaging Rings and Necklaces that use gems in their recipes now returns salvaged gemstone items as well as regular gems.
* Crafted bow: The ability on Hawk’s Talon was not triggering, and has been fixed.
* Crafted bow: Verdant Archbow’s tooltip has been corrected so it properly lists the damage done.
* Relic-quality items should now be Salvageable and Runebreakable, although why you would want to break such lovely items remains a mystery. But you can, if you want to!

^_^

Clam
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#27 » 07 Apr 2011, 16:44

I respec'd 51 points into Sab after 1.1 went live VS my normal SAB/SIN/BD spec and it was not much better :? I don't understand really, tt should be a huge difference.

140% wpn dmg in old spec VS 500% wpn dmg using 51pt spec should be a big increase in dmg

Or am I just bad at maths?