Things I have learnt on my journy to 50

For members and non-members to discuss all things Rift
stumbuck
Blademaster
Blademaster

Things I have learnt on my journy to 50

Post#1 » 07 Mar 2011, 16:42

Ok so now that I'm 50 I have learned the following things and thought I would share them

A) @lvl 50 quests do not give any extra gold for completing them at max level same

B) AP and CC instance both have mining and foraging nodes in them. To get these nodes you have to be lvl 250 in the reqired profession. So ensure that you have your skill up by the time you are 47-48 or you will not be able to get them. These nodes only spawn in instances.

C)If you are considering to be a tank in EXPERT dungoens you will need at least 50 toughness so that the critical hit damage you take will be reduced other wise you will be 1 hit kill. Unsure about chance to hit but the "order of mathos" vendor in stillmoor sells great rings for 1P each with +20 hit each i think. If you follow the quest chain by the time you arrive at the Quartermaster you will have enough rep to buy them

D) at 48-49 level both AP and CC award about 30% of a level each run and they are not dificult at all Rotf at 18 was more stressful, however there is a little more stratergy in killing these bosses.

E) By the time you reach level 50 providing that you have not instance level the entier way and blown you load on the AH way you should have enough P to buy a 110% mount. I had 115P there are only 2 types of epic mounts that i know of atm that is the horse and the lion cat griffon thing in sanctum. the horse is like 100p but the other one is 125.

F) To obtain the Prefix to your name either SIR or DAME you have to complete the open world raid boss in stillmoor. We completed this last nite with 10 men 1 healer 2 bards and a cloro. was a 20 min fight as no one knew the strat and he had 800k hp.

I will leave more info about the expert dungoens as i work through them. Looking foward to tanking some of them with fellow guildies.

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Re: Things I have learnt on my journy to 50

Post#2 » 07 Mar 2011, 16:56

Grats on 50 Stum!!

Interesting info on the toughness, any opinion on the Rogue tanks @ 50? Obviously you probably dont group with many, but I am sure you get opinions from group memberws etc.
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

stumbuck
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post#3 » 07 Mar 2011, 17:15

Honestly I have only seen one rogue tank but that isnt to say there are lots out there. The open world raid I refer to I completed last night acutally ended up having 3 tanks my self another warrior and a rogue. We tanked for about 1/3 each due to deaths and run backs etc lol. But the rogue tank did very well much to my disgust and surprise hahaha.

The only thing i noticed about the rogue was that he was boviously avoiding most of the bosses attacks via dodge i suppose but when the boss hit him he got smacked down hard I would say due to low damage reduction from low armor reduction %age.

Cant go past a good old plate tank

:)

Epitah
Keyboard Turner

Post#4 » 08 Mar 2011, 07:17

You also need Focus and Hit:
Toughness
Toughness is a tank stat, it reduces the damage bonus an attack has when it critically strikes. For example when an Expert 1 boss crits they deal an additional 50% damage. Toughness offsets the crit bonus at a 1:1 ratio i.e. 1 Toughness = 1% reduction in the mobs crit bonus. To completely offset the crit bonus of an Expert 1 boss the tank would need 50 toughness.

Focus
Focus is a DPS caster stat, it offsets a mobs chance to resist a spell attack and also the amount of damage reduced by the mobs resistances.

Hit
Hit is a DPS melee/ranged stat, it offsets a mobs chance to dodge and parry an attack as well as a characters chance inherit chance to miss.

Below are the various Hit, Focus and Toughness rating goals for various content tiers.
Level 50 and below dungeons – No hit, focus or toughness required
Expert 1 Dungeons (Realm of the Fae, Iron Tomb, Foul Cascade, King’s Breach, Fall of Lantern Hook) – No Hit, no Focus, 50 Toughness
Expert 2 Dungeons (Darkening Deeps, Deepstike Mines, Runic Decent, Abyssal Precipice, Chamer’s Caldera) – 100 Hit, 100 Focus, 100 Toughness
10 Man Rift Raids – 100 Hit, 100 Focus, 100 Toughness
20 Man Instance Raids – 200 Hit, 200 Focus, 150 Toughness

Epitah
Keyboard Turner

Post#5 » 08 Mar 2011, 07:26

Spoticus wrote:any opinion on the Rogue tanks @ 50?

In Alpha there was a lot of tears about rogue tanks mitigating more damage than warriors - rogue were pretty much the "best" tanks. There was a few patches to Paladin/Void Knight prior to release though so I'm not sure how much that's changed.

Thebigman
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#6 » 08 Mar 2011, 19:08

Congrats on level 50. Very impressive. Thank you for taking the time to give advice.