Server Transfers...

For members and non-members to discuss all things Rift
shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Server Transfers...

Post by shaddowofadream » 02 Mar 2011, 10:01

I thought others might find this information useful.

I wrote:Hi Trion World Game Support,
I tried to update the ticket via the in-game option however this seemed to not work.

The issue regarding the random BoE blue boots is resolved, I'm now level 30 and probably wont miss the item.

However I do have another question/issue I hope you can answer/address for me.
Most of my friends seem to have rolled on Briarcliff, originally I was also going to roll on Briarcliff, however with the original server queues I found it impossible to play and started on Dayblind... what I would like is for someway to transfer the time/effort spent on Dayblind to the Briarcliff server (character transfer?) so that I can continue playing with my friends.

If this is at all possible I would be forever grateful, if it is not currently possible can you let me know if there will be plans in future to allow this or if I should just abandon my Dayblind character and start again?

Trion Game Support wrote:Hello!

Thank you for contacting us regarding Rift.

Currently we do not offer Character or Guild Transfers to new servers. We do apologise for this inconvenience. If you would like to see this changed we would greatly appreciate it if you would submit feedback.

To submit feedback:

1. Type /cs and press enter or click on the ? icon located in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
2. Click on the Feedback/Bugs tab at the bottom of the dialog box which opens up.
3. Select the category which most closely relates to the issue or feedback you have.
4. Write a detailed description in the appropriate boxes (for bugs, only the "Found a Bug?" box is needed).
5. Left-click the [SEND] button when you are finished.

If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Rift. Your reference number for this question is 110226-000113

Sincerely,

GM Misericordia
Game Master
Trion Worlds Inc.

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Re: Server Transfers...

Post by shaddowofadream » 02 Mar 2011, 10:21

Now I have a tough decision to make, do I give up on my lvl-30 on Dayblind and start over with my lvl-17 on Briarcliff or just keep plugging away on Dayblind hoping they eventually allow server xfers?

One of the things I was thinking about, was despite my being in a very large and active guild on Dayblind (Australia), I don't really feel a sense of community there everyone seems to be in it for themselves, for example a guildie was trying to sell silk bags to other guildies at a 1p profit...

Anyway that's just my story :)

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 02 Mar 2011, 10:44

You made your bed, now lie in it.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 02 Mar 2011, 11:31

Take the time loss and start playing on Briarcliff again, or stick to Dayblind.

It's up to you. :)
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kashak » 02 Mar 2011, 11:56

queues are reasonable ATM. Hardly an issue. If they bother you THAT much something else in this MMO will tick you off more soon :) (theres always something. Nerf Magus!)
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Post by shaddowofadream » 02 Mar 2011, 12:27

Kashak wrote:queues are reasonable ATM. Hardly an issue. If they bother you THAT much something else in this MMO will tick you off more soon :) (theres always something. Nerf Magus!)

Yeah I noticed that this morning and last night when I logged in...

Secro wrote:Take the time loss and start playing on Briarcliff again, or stick to Dayblind.

It's up to you. :)

hahah I know it's up to me but I'm bad at making decisions (clearly) I think long-term I'd much prefer to play with you guys, but I'd hate to re-level (AGAIN!) only to find them allowing server x-fers 2 weeks later...

Anyone want to tell me what I should do, so I can blame them if they make the wrong decision?

Azmodeus
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Azmodeus » 02 Mar 2011, 12:29

Kashak wrote:queues are reasonable ATM. Hardly an issue. If they bother you THAT much something else in this MMO will tick you off more soon :) (theres always something. Nerf Magus!)

Spoken like a true veteran.

ps. it'll be interesting to see what queues are like now head start is coming to an end

nitrofenix
LotRO Kinship Leader
LotRO Kinship Leader

Post by nitrofenix » 02 Mar 2011, 13:42

Consider the longevity of the game -- are you really going to be worse off if you have to spend another week levelling through content you've already done if you're going to be playing at cap for 1-3 years (and possibly levelling alts, too)?
LOTRO: Ohtarwen, lv71 Champ / Valaena, lv71 Warden / Meldariel, lv60 LM / Durandir, lv44 Hunter / Penni, lv43 Healbot

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kashak » 02 Mar 2011, 14:09

Azmodeus wrote:ps. it'll be interesting to see what queues are like now head start is coming to an end

I really can't see many extra people coming into the game after headstart given the boxed retail market is dead. Long live steam!
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Azmodeus
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Azmodeus » 02 Mar 2011, 14:29

Think you might find some people held out to see what it was gonna be like or have heard through word of mouth about it, not as if it had a massive advertising campaign, these people then roll on the server their mates are on etc etc.

regardless will be intersting

BC full GTFO??

Battousai
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post by Battousai » 02 Mar 2011, 16:28

[quote="Kashak"]queues are reasonable ATM. Hardly an issue. If they bother you THAT much something else in this MMO will tick you off more soon :) (theres always something. Nerf Magus!)[/quote}

Magus !!
Screw that !!
Marauder - OP
Nerfed to be balanced ..
then next 3-4 patches constant nerfs for no reason :(
Currently - .... Dota2?

Too damn damn RPGS - Usually Battousai/Exkalibur toons.

El_Funko
Grunt

Post by El_Funko » 02 Mar 2011, 17:01

shaddowofadream wrote:I think long-term I'd much prefer to play with you guys, but I'd hate to re-level (AGAIN!) only to find them allowing server x-fers 2 weeks later...

Nah, no way that'll happen. Briarcliff queues (or lack of) as good as they are, it's still a heavily populated server. Even when (if?) they open server transfers, they're going to want people to transfer away from the bloated servers, not offer people the chance to bloat them further.

I say suck it up and level on Briarcliff again. It'll be a week at the most to catch up which isn't much when you think how much time you'll spend at the end-game stage.