Might want to repoll what class people will play now...

For members and non-members to discuss all things Rift
Leo Armstrong
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Might want to repoll what class people will play now...

Post#1 » 22 Feb 2011, 13:20

I'm going Rogue as my main now.

Rogue will be Minner, Butcher and Forager so he has to get to 50 first in order to supply my crafters with resources.

2nd toon Healer that will work as Runcrafter, Artificer and Apoth

3rd toon Tank that will work as Weaponsmith, Armorsmith and Outfitter

My leveling strategy will be fairly simple.

Day 1 get Rogue to level 20 and sanctum
Day 2 get Healer to level 20 and sanctum
Day 3 get Tank to level 20 and sanctum

Day 4 onwards focus on rogue but log the Healer in anytime the level 20-30 zone is under an invasion once he hits 30 rinse repeat for tank.
Then rinse repeat focusing on getting rogue to 50 but moving alts to level 30-40 zone and logging them in during invassions to soak up the cheap and fast exp.

My main focus is crafting and this seems as good a method as any to achieve my goals.

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Re: Might want to repoll what class people will play now...

Post#2 » 22 Feb 2011, 13:25

Leo Armstrong wrote:I'm going Rogue as my main now.

2nd toon Healer that will work as Runcrafter, Artificer and Apoth

3rd toon Tank that will work as Weaponsmith, Armorsmith and Outfitter

Funny thing is that your Rogue could essentially do all 3 roles (to varying degrees) DPS/ Healing (bard) or Tank (Riftstalker) depending on spec...

I think it'd be good idea to match up the crafting specializations though so there isn't too much over-lap :-)

Rallak
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post#3 » 22 Feb 2011, 13:39

I just don't have the time to roll alts and plan on sticking with one character for a while. As for crafting, I honestly hate crafting in MMOs. What I can do though is pick up all the gathering crafts and send any collected materials to others to help make items for guildies. I don't mind the gathering part as you run across stuff while exploring.
WAR - Kathra (DoK) / Rallak (Sorc)
Rift - Rallak (Assassin/Nightblade/Riftstalker)
Steam - UltimaZero
XB Live - UltimaZero AU

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Post#4 » 22 Feb 2011, 13:55

Rallak wrote:I just don't have the time to roll alts and plan on sticking with one character for a while. As for crafting, I honestly hate crafting in MMOs. What I can do though is pick up all the gathering crafts and send any collected materials to others to help make items for guildies. I don't mind the gathering part as you run across stuff while exploring.

Yeah the more I think about it, I'm probably going Butchering, Herbing and Enchanting (forget what its actually called) and just spam the mats around :D

Leo Armstrong
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#5 » 22 Feb 2011, 14:05

shaddowofadream wrote: I think it'd be good idea to match up the crafting specializations though so there isn't too much over-lap :-)

Not sure I know what you mean by "over-lap".

In the beta i tried having a Miner, butcher weaponsmith but what that meant was I would need to log on another toon to run across the same area all over again to get the resources from foraging for my other crafter. That used up way to much time. Having 1 toon that does all the resource gathering and sperate toons that do the actual crafting and don't have to leave the city areas seems like it will work better.

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Post#6 » 22 Feb 2011, 14:28

Leo Armstrong wrote:
shaddowofadream wrote: I think it'd be good idea to match up the crafting specializations though so there isn't too much over-lap :-)

Not sure I know what you mean by "over-lap".

I guess it should be less of a problem with 3 trade-skills each, but you want some diversity in the guild so that not everyone has the exact same 4 or 5 tradeskills out of the available 9 or so...

i.e. you don't have 20 butchering, miners with, cloth work and nobody to make say potions/plate armor etc...

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Post#7 » 24 Feb 2011, 16:25

I wonder if we're going to be stuck with an army of rogues and no tanks or healers?

Seems to be the mega class everyone wants to roll :-/

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#8 » 24 Feb 2011, 16:38

Let's just see in-game. We can always recruit what we need more of and a lot of people haven't decieded what class they want to play.

remember rogues/mages/clerics can all heal.
Clerics/Warriors/Rogues can also tank.

There is nothing saying you need a mix of classes in groups. You can have a full group of rogues and still beat a dungeon as far as we know thus far.

So I wouldn't waste time speculating :)
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Post#9 » 24 Feb 2011, 16:46

Secro wrote:Let's just see in-game. We can always recruit what we need more of and a lot of people haven't decieded what class they want to play.

remember rogues/mages/clerics can all heal.
Clerics/Warriors/Rogues can also tank.

There is nothing saying you need a mix of classes in groups. You can have a full group of rogues and still beat a dungeon as far as we know thus far.

So I wouldn't waste time speculating :)

I was just wondering if it was worth me re-picking my chosen class, so at least I'm not rolling against an entire raids worth of leather wearers...

After reading/watching some video's i've re-picked my leveling spec's (all speculation until live hits) but yeah...

Tilania
The Patient
The Patient

Post#10 » 24 Feb 2011, 17:22

Meh I wont be changing from Mage, AOE DPS for soloing and Chloro healing for raids, and instances...

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#11 » 24 Feb 2011, 17:43

Tilania wrote:Meh I wont be changing from Mage, AOE DPS for soloing and Chloro healing for raids, and instances...

+1 :D

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#12 » 28 Feb 2011, 10:45

Whatever class I pick I'm guaranteed to suck at it and by the time I get it to level cap they will nerf it, 2.0 patch it and server merge, all the while I have been paying for the privilege for some entertainment value.

The only reason I play is to be part of SC. Looks like I'll be buying Rift today. Played the beta and was happy to see a 2011 graphic'd MMO. Might roll this rogue class but my only gripe was that I saw dwarves in the game.

Wastey :D
Join the Southern Cross Steam group or find us on Facebook

<SWG 2003-2009> <EQ2 2005-2006> <WoW 2005-2015>
<LotRO 2007-2009> <AoC 2008-2009> <WAR 2008-2010>
<World of Tanks 2011-
premium> <SW:ToR 2011-active>
<TESO 2014-2014>

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#13 » 28 Feb 2011, 13:24

WasteGate wrote:. Might roll this rogue class but my only gripe was that I saw dwarves in the game.

Depressingly, since they are on the guardian side, you can't even kill them! Oh well, have to settle for kicking Kelari *cough* darkelf *cough* asses.

Thebigman
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#14 » 02 Mar 2011, 20:15

What did you say about Dwarves?

WasteGate wrote:Whatever class I pick I'm guaranteed to suck at it and by the time I get it to level cap they will nerf it, 2.0 patch it and server merge, all the while I have been paying for the privilege for some entertainment value.

The only reason I play is to be part of SC. Looks like I'll be buying Rift today. Played the beta and was happy to see a 2011 graphic'd MMO. Might roll this rogue class but my only gripe was that I saw dwarves in the game.

Wastey :D

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#15 » 03 Mar 2011, 11:35

Thebigman wrote:What did you say about Dwarves?

That they are hairy, smelly, and downright a waste of Carbon?

Except if they sing like BM :D