My class n profesion imput welcome

For members and non-members to discuss all things Rift
stumbuck
Blademaster
Blademaster

My class n profesion imput welcome

Post by stumbuck » 11 Feb 2011, 20:26

Hi guys just thought I would give you a heads up on what char i will be rolling and what my profession thoughts are

race: Mathosian

class: rogue

Spec : Ranger, Marksman, Bard

Professions: choice A: butchering, armorsmithing, mining

Thoughts on choice A, i would make my own leather gear with the first 2 and provide mats to other guildies to help their weaponsmithing so they can make me something helpful in return

or

Choice B: mining, weaponsmithing, butchering

For the same idea as before except provide leather for armor to help others.

Was thinking bard for 3 tree because it provides a nice little bonus to all members in the party, good for instances and raiding.

Willing to take all suggestions here and consider them. So if you have any other suggestions that I could work into this blend help would be appreciated. Or perhaps i have completely failed and overlooked something very important.

Thanks

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Re: My class n profesion imput welcome

Post by Forath » 11 Feb 2011, 21:13

You'll go MM/Ranger to about lv 33 ish when it becomes shithouse. The pet stops leveling..... At that point I went Assassin/blade/bard for solo questage. You cant beat perma stealth, the dps is good the bard buffs are nice. You'll still keep a MM build for pvp and raids I guess, not sure not done any here in a while.

As far as crafting, 99% of the universe will go outfitter, butcher, runecrafter. Its easy and has brilliant synergy. Its also very boring.

Dare to be different.

Silurin
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post by Silurin » 11 Feb 2011, 21:30

Forath wrote:Dare to be different.
NO!! fall not to his foul words!! follow the masses, use the cookie cutter of blandness :P excell at everything everyone else excels at, stand in from the crowd!!!
LOTRO - Elendilmir : The Secret World : Guild Wars 2 - IoJ : WoW - Dath'Remar : DDO - Khyber : AoC - Bloodspire : WAR - Ironclaw
Silyth - Lvl 85 Warden : Silurin Maelhach - Lvl 70 Champion : Falyme - Chaos/AR : Falyme - Warrior : Falyme - Lvl 70 Undead Rogue : Rajeal - Lvl 9 Bard / 2 Rogue : Dralion - Lvl 74 Tempest of Set : Skelm - Lvl 28 Disciple of Khaine

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 11 Feb 2011, 21:43

Silurin wrote:
Forath wrote:Dare to be different.
NO!! fall not to his foul words!! follow the masses, use the cookie cutter of blandness :P excell at everything everyone else excels at, stand in from the crowd!!!
Yup without outfitting, you wont be making any armor for your rogue -

Outfitting = bags, cloth armor, leather armor
Armorsmithing = chain armor, plate armor, shields

And as Forath noted, you will soon phase out of using the pet, but thats when your skills at kiting aka what a marksman is all about, should kick in. Being a pussy and going melee after that is just QQ i cant play at range without a pet to guard me.

Personally im doing all the crafts - have my main player butchering, mining and herb/wood to gather all the phat lewts, and mail them to my alts who craft the pretties for me. Best of all the worlds :D

At least until they put in some sort of level requirement for crafting levels. Then I will be :evil:

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post by Spoticus » 11 Feb 2011, 21:59

Generally I have been playing Marksman/Assassin/Ranger, focussing mostly on Marks/Assass.... but I am pretty sure I am not qualified to give much advice so :p
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Leo Armstrong
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Leo Armstrong » 12 Feb 2011, 00:20

I don't qualify for advice either but the fact you can sell your souls back and can have 4 roles means it should not matter.

Do what you like and if there comes a time where that isn't working or isn't fun sell it all back or just buy a new role.

That's a part of this game that is going to work well for its longevity. It was a great idea.

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kashak » 20 Feb 2011, 20:34

Does the pet levelling thing apply to all pet classes?
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 20 Feb 2011, 20:55

Kashak wrote:Does the pet levelling thing apply to all pet classes?
It's not exactly as it sounds!

You unlock a pet at 0 points (that caps out at a certain level) and then another pet at say 20 points spent (that will cap higher than the 0 point pet)

It's just to stop people get a full powered pet for no point investment.

So if you play a 'pet class' and spend points in that soul, you'll get better pets that will keep with your level :)
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kashak » 21 Feb 2011, 08:04

so if you get a pet class you had better plan on spending a fair few points in that tree/soul (the icon is a tree!)

I was kinda liking warlock /necro dwarf guy I made last night. Dot/dot/dot. No idea if tis a good idea or not. Does the game have respecs? (on top of the multiple trees you can do)
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur

Rallak
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post by Rallak » 21 Feb 2011, 08:58

I say play whatever you enjoy. Rift lets you experiment and a good player will find a range of skills and adapt them to their play style. For me I will be going Assassin/Nightblade/Bladedancer focusing on stealth/bleeds/dots, single target DPS. It's how I like to play my rogues :)
WAR - Kathra (DoK) / Rallak (Sorc)
Rift - Rallak (Assassin/Nightblade/Riftstalker)
Steam - UltimaZero
XB Live - UltimaZero AU

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 21 Feb 2011, 09:00

Kashak wrote:so if you get a pet class you had better plan on spending a fair few points in that tree/soul (the icon is a tree!)

I was kinda liking warlock /necro dwarf guy I made last night. Dot/dot/dot. No idea if tis a good idea or not. Does the game have respecs? (on top of the multiple trees you can do)
You don't have to go too far in to get a max level pet I'm pretty sure.
If you have a look at the "root" of the tree (the skills down the bottom) you can see what pets you can get and at what level.

Yeah you can respec at your trainer.

You can also buy more roles (think dual-spec, but up to 4 roles) and have 3 of 9 souls per role.

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kashak » 21 Feb 2011, 10:02

Secro wrote: (think dual-spec, but up to 4 roles)
Heh I was out of WoW well before they put that stuff in :p
Steam Surg3on / Kashak

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 21 Feb 2011, 10:28

Well it WoW you could save 2 sets of talents.
It's similar in rift except you save 4 different soul configs.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 21 Feb 2011, 11:03

Necro/Lock is potentially one of the better PVP / DPS specs you can go with. Necro has a channeled spell about 2/3 of the way up that does uber damage and heals you and your pet at the same time. Add to that fun pets, and even higher the ability to go Lich form , and a plethora of death based Dots and DD, = win.