Post on Rift Contribution incase you miss it.

For members and non-members to discuss all things Rift
Leo Armstrong
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post on Rift Contribution incase you miss it.

Post#1 » 10 Feb 2011, 09:01

This thread talks about how to get MAX Rift contribution.

Worth knowing.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.p ... ng.-Broken!

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Re: Post on Rift Contribution incase you miss it.

Post#2 » 10 Feb 2011, 10:17

I just hit lv 45 on alpha, I've not done a rift in 20 levels, nor a wf for that fucking matter, so many quests....... kill me.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#3 » 10 Feb 2011, 11:23

hah, that's pretty good. Sorta makes sense as to why I was getting such good contribution sometimes.
Would just dot everything i could tab target then spam around hots on people.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Silurin
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#4 » 10 Feb 2011, 16:34

Forath wrote:I just hit lv 45 on alpha, I've not done a rift in 20 levels, nor a wf for that fucking matter, so many quests....... kill me.
I tried to get in on any rift action I could as soon as I realised the XP boost you can get - although I certainly didn't hit the top levels in the participation ranks (pally tank has very few instant/aoe/dot skills) just being active throughout the stages and wherever possible involved in a raid group gave some serious leveling boosts which make it possible to skip plenty of quest groups - possible issue is you may lose track of the 'storyline' or interzone quests due to the way the quest chains build of each other
LOTRO - Elendilmir : The Secret World : Guild Wars 2 - IoJ : WoW - Dath'Remar : DDO - Khyber : AoC - Bloodspire : WAR - Ironclaw
Silyth - Lvl 85 Warden : Silurin Maelhach - Lvl 70 Champion : Falyme - Chaos/AR : Falyme - Warrior : Falyme - Lvl 70 Undead Rogue : Rajeal - Lvl 9 Bard / 2 Rogue : Dralion - Lvl 74 Tempest of Set : Skelm - Lvl 28 Disciple of Khaine

Leo Armstrong
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#5 » 10 Feb 2011, 21:55

Forath wrote:I just hit lv 45 on alpha, I've not done a rift in 20 levels, nor a wf for that fucking matter, so many quests....... kill me.

If you're in Alpha and doing quests I have what I think is a Bug report for you.

There are many quests where if you do them in a group the group DOESN'T get rewarded at the end. Instead each member of the group has to finish the task individualy though the group can help each individual finish it.

Example.

There is a quest chain that takes place in the Grand Canion type zone where you have Mob's with pick axes mining the wall and you need to use a quest item to melt about 50 mobs that are all in a pack in order to get to the objective and also need to place quest item BOMBS on 3 of their machines.

Each member of the group had to do the bombs seperately so we had to wait for the machines to respawn and each person to use their 3 bombs. Later in that area you have to place an item on an alter to draw out the boss. Again each member in the group had to do it one at a time. If you were in a warband of 24 that means the warband would have to kill that boss 24 times so each person can complete it.

To me that's a bug but I'm not sure. I feel if you're in a group all players in it should get the quest ticked off after anyone in the group completes it.

This sort of problem happened numerous times while I was grouped to the point where I just left the group and decided to solo.

If it is a bug you alpha testers are going to have to form a group of 6 and go right through the quests to find them all. I'm pretty sure it is linked to quests that requier you to USE a quest item from your inventory on something as the two examples above showed the firts requierd we use the Bombs on the machines and the second requierd we use some item on an alter.

Tilania
The Patient
The Patient

Post#6 » 11 Feb 2011, 05:43

Hmm well what I realised early on, is for things like kill X named, like the named goblins in the first area, you don't have to tag them to get the quest to advance, drop a dot or whatever on the mob and you will get the kill credit in the quest, even if someone else is already fighting it.

This is going to be really helpful in the first week when everyone is queuing for quest mobs.