For members and non-members to discuss all things Rift
Thebigman
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Beta 6

Post by Thebigman » 05 Feb 2011, 10:31

Hello boys,

I am downloading the game for beta 6.

What server and faction do I need to join when download is finished?

You guys in already?

Who should I look for?

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: Beta 6

Post by Fitz » 05 Feb 2011, 12:14

Thebigman wrote:Hello boys,

I am downloading the game for beta 6.

What server and faction do I need to join when download is finished?

You guys in already?

Who should I look for?
Briarcliff server, guardian side.

Secro = Secro
I switch around alot so who knows :p
Not sure about the rest :)

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 07 Feb 2011, 09:24

Spoke to THEbigman the other night, good to see you again mate!!

Also, the founder of southern cross Leo was in-game and we had a chat, he's already made 4 toons to cover all the crafting professions LOL

Will be good to get a guild up and running during the head-start, if they do anymore lengthy beta tests (doubt it) I'll look into making it sooner.

How did everyone else enjoy the beta?

I was a bit disappointing to see melee clerics nerfed so hard, but i finally gave warden a good go in battle ground and i was very impressed.

I also ran into a lone level 31 when i was 27 outdoors. I thought this would be a good chance to see if i can out heal 1 person doing solid DPS (he was a rift blade warrior) I was able to keep myself up when slowing whittling him down and using knock back when things go dicey. He went immune after a few though :(

Was just glad to see I could live against 1 DPS. 2 in no chance though, but that's ok :P

We still have one more night to play phase 6. I'm not sure when the next phase is though.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 07 Feb 2011, 10:21

Secro wrote:Spoke to THEbigman the other night, good to see you again mate!!

Also, the founder of southern cross Leo was in-game and we had a chat, he's already made 4 toons to cover all the crafting professions LOL

Will be good to get a guild up and running during the head-start, if they do anymore lengthy beta tests (doubt it) I'll look into making it sooner.

How did everyone else enjoy the beta?

I was a bit disappointing to see melee clerics nerfed so hard, but i finally gave warden a good go in battle ground and i was very impressed.

I also ran into a lone level 31 when i was 27 outdoors. I thought this would be a good chance to see if i can out heal 1 person doing solid DPS (he was a rift blade warrior) I was able to keep myself up when slowing whittling him down and using knock back when things go dicey. He went immune after a few though :(

Was just glad to see I could live against 1 DPS. 2 in no chance though, but that's ok :P

We still have one more night to play phase 6. I'm not sure when the next phase is though.
Loving it. Didn't play much this beta, as I'm trying not to get too burnt out from overplaying. Must say while I approve of mobs being made harder (especially elites), I don't like feeling so completely neutered when taking on one.

As a chloro tho, I can just keep myself up for about 20-30s which is usually enough time for people to realize I'm getting hammered lol..just wish cast times were a bit faster, as a 2s cast while being beat upon takes an awful long time to get off.. tried using a chloro / ele as a soloer PVE, worked fine, no chance of ever dying, albeit rather slow time to kill. Will probably stick to my Stormie as primary DD for PVE seems to work well. Necro perma mana skill is OP tho, as much as i love it, I'm sure its going to get given a cooldown.

As per my standard in all MMOs, I wavered on my class choice during this beta, but I think I've managed to get back on track and stick to my mage. I get jealous seeing how imba other classes are (Marksman I'm looking at you!) /evileye , but know a few will probably get nerfbatted at some stage (see melee clerics).

RE Leo being a crafting whore - is there confirmation that there is no level requirement for a character to craft/harvest? Is it possible to send mats to an alt to craft / refine to up their skills with no need to level them?

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post by Forath » 07 Feb 2011, 12:02

Is leo going fulltime heals again? We could use afew endgame heals.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 07 Feb 2011, 12:15

Not sure, he had a 20 something cleric and a warrior. I assume he has all 4 calling though hah.

Tilania
The Patient
The Patient

Post by Tilania » 07 Feb 2011, 16:25

Well my main as a Lock/Ele/Chloro does some pretty nice damage, usually in the top 3 on BGs, but then I can flick to Chloro and go into full healer mode.

Not healed an instance yet, as I've been avoiding those to save for release, but have healed doing PUG elites and some of the busier areas.

Got my main guy up to 27, so have seen how the DPS and healing class plays, and am pretty happy with it. Need a bit more practice on the healer mind you.

Crafting I took Butcher, Outfitter, Rundecrafter. Runecrafter is a PIA becuase I picked it up late, note start crafting in game early.

Oh and dont skip quests, I found if you went back and did a skipped quest, whole lines would open up.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 08 Feb 2011, 05:14

Hi folks,

Saw this thread after I posted on the other one so I will just repeat what I said there.

My main will be a Healer. Warden, Sentinal, Purifier. He will also be my main Crafter. Mining, Foraging, Butchering.

I will also be making a Dps, Ranged (Ishute) and Tank but they will only be leveled as far as they need to be in order to level their Crafting skills.

So my main is a Healer/CRAFTER and the others will be his support base.

As for what I thought of beta...

I chose minning, saw a rock, clicked it, pick Axe came out, clink clink CLINK, I got Minerals! SOLD! Beta works.

I didn't try any of the dungeons and I'm sure there will be resources only available from boss drops and stuff (just to anoy me) so I'll see how I go.

The only negative I found was contibution to rifts. Most of the time rifts are such a zerg fest that people don't take enough damage for healers to contribute. In that sense an AOE dps would rake in the contribution. I didn't play a DPS so not to sure on that. I'm not even sure how contribution works. Do you get better loot the higher your contribution bar gets or do you get a larger share of the loot available from that rift?

Thebigman
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Thebigman » 09 Feb 2011, 20:23

Good to see you back in game Leo.

Secro, you know that you are a sexy beast.

I have to make a call on whether playing an MMO fits with my wife/child and my new job. I do work long hours and then more at home + I need to sleep 7-8 hours to have energy for work and family ... I will see closer. Hopefully 1 more beta to get hooked :roll:

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 10 Feb 2011, 21:28

Maybe you can just play every now and then bigman ;) No harm right??? :D

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 10 Feb 2011, 23:26

Secro wrote:Maybe you can just play every now and then bigman ;) No harm right??? :D
Yah I need my fix of bigman singing.. You still havent made me a soundbite of it..i need a new SMS tone :D

CAN YOU HEAR THE BIGMAN SING YOOOHOO!!! YOOHOO!!! :D

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post by Spoticus » 11 Feb 2011, 19:11

Fitz wrote:
Secro wrote:CAN YOU HEAR THE BIGMAN SING YOOOHOO!!! YOOHOO!!! :D
lol must have!!!
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Thebigman
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Thebigman » 13 Feb 2011, 08:04

Hehe

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 13 Feb 2011, 09:26