Rift: Planes of Telara

For members and non-members to discuss all things Rift
Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Re: Rift: Planes of Telara

Post by Forath » 06 Jan 2011, 23:02

Lets meet up saturday morning on briarcliff guardian side then lads, fire up the SC banner, suss out these warfronts and laugh at fitz.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 07 Jan 2011, 07:56

Ok I'll try and be on, my download is almost gone.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post by Usambara » 07 Jan 2011, 10:11

Was there a seperate invite for the beta 4 event, (like the previous 3 beta's) ?

[edit] Sweet it just showed up [/edit]
Last edited by Usambara on 07 Jan 2011, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 07 Jan 2011, 10:28

Yup

Pantiera
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post by Pantiera » 08 Jan 2011, 12:19

havent been in the beta yet haha. got invited the beta 2,3,4. first one it was my wedding weekend, second i was sick, third i am at work (This weekend) with capped internet. SIGH!!!
+--Panti--+

Sharise
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Sharise » 09 Jan 2011, 00:13

I never signed up til yesterday but Kaid has it and he's sitting beside me playing and I'm jealous. I can see it, i can hear, i can't smell it but it's there and i need to play it!

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 09 Jan 2011, 07:58

I do have 3 more beta keys if anyone wants to play it :P

Too late for this beta ... but i'm sure the next one isn't far off.

Pantiera
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post by Pantiera » 09 Jan 2011, 08:32

you have VIP keys secro?
+--Panti--+

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 09 Jan 2011, 09:15

No idea what their marketing name are, they get you into betas though.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 10 Jan 2011, 10:45

anyone find themselves in the middle of an invasion?

I had heard about them but didn't experience one till this weekend, it really was chaotic! Was glad to see all the players band together and smash the invaders back :P

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post by Usambara » 11 Jan 2011, 07:59

Yeah I was in an invision .. Fire dude guy, sky went read, everythign had a red tinge. Voice over and we all received a quest in our quest book.

Personally had to kill 50 goblins, and overal stop them taking 15 footholds. They moved off in 2 main groups.

Was a slaughter... lasted just over in a minute. I had barely made it back out of the area I was working in before it was over. You would have needed good solid groups to take them on and they would have had to rally immediately.. its a shame they don't have interface pop up getting all the randoms a easy way to group up and rally against it. These were level 15 invaders that hurt alot. Maybe level 20 groups would have made easy work of them.

I had Lushoto as a priest(16 I think), made a group with a couple others, took a good 30 minutes to clear out all the footholds, which you had to clear to get access to the quest givers in zone again.

It seemed like on Saturday there wasn't many people around, not sure where you can go post 20, I'm guessing most were there.

It certainly does offer some variety to the area, but still very static, after such an event if a whole tree of quest opened up that offered perhaps a day of cleanup operation/recovery quest.. Now that would be dynamic content. Maybe I should post that on beta boards.. *shrug*

In the end it just like like all the other invasion, just alot of them.. after a while they just seem an annoyance.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 11 Jan 2011, 08:42

Yeah, it's hard to heal not in a group but you can turn on target of target to heal the tank at least.

Contribution / rewards are set up so you still get loot even not in a group.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 11 Jan 2011, 11:13

Was a great weekend. Each calling has many pros and cons..so still cant decide. Fail @ sticking to a single class..

Freddyquimby
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Freddyquimby » 11 Jan 2011, 12:07

Usambara wrote: Personally had to kill 50 goblins, and overal stop them taking 15 footholds. They moved off in 2 main groups.
I was involved in a similar event (possibly the same one depending on which server you're playing on), and if you read the thing, there was no personal target for killing goblins. The thing was to kill 50 goblin invasions, and it was a zone-wide goal, didn't matter who killed them. 50 invasions. Yes, 50. 50 invasions, ah, ah, ah.
I think i was on my 14 cleric at the time, so was busily trying to kill something that someone else was killing, or I'd die pretty quickly.
Did anyone try a battleground/warfront thing? I did one on my mage, was pretty good. Can't remember which one it was though.
Aion - Bami 36 Templar (Nezekhan server, elyos) - retired
WoW- Freddyquimby 80 mage 410+ Tailor/Enchanter - retired
- Ramalama 7# shaman 380+ herb/alch - retired
EVE - Whatsmellslikeupdog - caldari/mini/amarr hac/recon/logi/bc, mini bs, tengu, loki
- Whatsmellslikeupcat - amarr BS/dread, amarr/gal sub-caps
- Sir Whatsmellsalot - gallente BS/carrier

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 11 Jan 2011, 14:40

Freddyquimby wrote:
Usambara wrote: Personally had to kill 50 goblins, and overal stop them taking 15 footholds. They moved off in 2 main groups.
I was involved in a similar event (possibly the same one depending on which server you're playing on), and if you read the thing, there was no personal target for killing goblins. The thing was to kill 50 goblin invasions, and it was a zone-wide goal, didn't matter who killed them. 50 invasions. Yes, 50. 50 invasions, ah, ah, ah.
I think i was on my 14 cleric at the time, so was busily trying to kill something that someone else was killing, or I'd die pretty quickly.
Did anyone try a battleground/warfront thing? I did one on my mage, was pretty good. Can't remember which one it was though.

Warfronts are fun. Very much similar to WARs battlegrounds. Capture the crystal in the middle, hold it to accumlate points, first to 500 wins. Biggest issues I found was all the pets - heaps of the bastards around means tab targetting was slow as you could never get the person you wanted behind the wall of skeles / boars / panthers / elementals.

Must say I loved the invasion - sky went red and dark, meteors flashing across the horizon..just what you'd expect if the minions of a fire realm starting pushing through..and the loot was very fun - got a purple orb but didnt have time to trade it in for uber planar gear..