1. First Name:
A: Sean

2. Age:
A: Thirtysmvtfh

3. Location:
A: Sydney

4. Usual Playtimes:
A: AEST Evenings + weekends when I'm avoiding doing study

6. Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A: Nope

7. Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: I'm a 38yo computer geek who used to play Age of Empires, Civ and SimCity until someone introduced me to EQ in 1999 (I think it was 99). Since then I have completely failed to have a life. I never got a char in EQ to level 50 before the cap was raised and I thought it was an honour that on my first FEAR raid the GL asked me to go run up that hill and tag the mob (cause I was the lowest level). It wasn't until DREAD shouted my name and I was deathtouched that I realised the honour was a rather dubious one!

I bought 2 copies of EQ2 on preorder and got bored by level 20. It wasn't a great release. Played WoW to 30 and ho hum. Played Vanguard to 9!! yawn. Played a few of the free/micropay Korean ones until I discovered that each was a grind worse than EQ and/or had STUPID rules (eg one had a PK potion that you could drink and attack other players. They couldn't defend themselves unless they drunk a PK potion back!! I got out of there in a hurry!

After getting bored with EQ, I started with EVE Online. I was made officer within 2 months because I motivated all the industrialists to start pooling their resources and building battleships in a building society type fashion. After a while I became guild leader of 100+ active players. Under my stewardship we were a founding member of what became the largest alliance in the game at the time and built the second ever player-built station. I'm still active in the game but play a background role these days as an industrialist and advisor.

These days I'm studying a Bachelor of Technology via correspondence, working about 30-35 hours a week as IT support for small business and I've just accepted a 2nd job doing tech support for kids reading/comprehension/speech software. So I can only play silly games when I'm home and avoiding doing the study that I should be doing... so you're likely to see me quite a lot... :-/

I started playing lotro... I'm not sure when tbh. But I played for several months, got Volter to 50, started twinking, bought a 2nd acct to have healbot. Took a short break when I realised I was bored. Then the cap was raised to 60 so I renewed and got to 60 then started twinking again and left again. 6 months later Mirkwood is out and I'm back and enjoying playing again. Volter will be 63 within another hour or two of play.

With my 2 jobs and study I can't promise I'll be on a lot. I know that I won't be able to commit to a regular raid schedule. In all likelihood I'll get bored with the game again in a few weeks but I promise you that I'll be a great kinmate to have when I'm actually logged in :-)

About Your Characters

1. Name:
A: Volter

2. Class:
A: Champion

3. Level:
A: 63 in about an hour

4. What trade skills does your character have?
A: Supreme Prospector, GM Metalsmith, Master Artisan Tailor

3. Alt(s):
A: Voltxxx (several of them)

5. What guilds have you been in? And why have you left or intend on leaving them?
A: Baruk Khazad since a few weeks after I started LotRO. A great bunch of people but the kin is just too quiet during AEST.

Other Stuff
2. What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: I seek a kin where I can have friendly people to chat with and group with during my play times. Best thing I ever did in EQ was to join Southern Armada and sadly that guild has now become too highly fragmented and has no presence in LotRO. I seek a return to those days of having lots of friends to play with.

I would be a valuable member because I'm witty, charming, handsome and the best dressed dwarf on Elendilmir. I'm also quite generous, loyal, truthful and scrupulously honest. I can occasionally be retarted but I rarely let that hold me back.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Volt

PS: I have been known to talk too much...

Benidict
LotRO Officer
LotRO Officer

Re: Volter 63 Champion

Post#2 » 29 Dec 2009, 06:55

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your application. An officer will get in contact with you in game. [Feel free to send an ingame message to any of the officers too in case they don't see you come online (Ashwyne, Zerowing, Euphoria, Insomniax, Ohtarwen)]

CU in game.
Ashwyne/Benuil
Benidict L59 Hobbit Burglar Ashwyne L65 Human Minstrel Ashwald L27 Human Guardian Benuil L60 Elf Runekeeper
Benidict L37 Demonologist Ashwyne L54 Barbarian All Retired
Ashwyne L60 NElf Hunter Reeves L60 Human Priest Valorial L60 NElf Druid All Retired

nitrofenix
LotRO Kinship Leader
LotRO Kinship Leader

Re: Volter 63 Champion

Post#3 » 29 Dec 2009, 17:13

Woops, forgot to lock this one.

Volter has been recruited and is livening up kin-chat already.. ;)
LOTRO: Ohtarwen, lv71 Champ / Valaena, lv71 Warden / Meldariel, lv60 LM / Durandir, lv44 Hunter / Penni, lv43 Healbot