Triple application - Capt/Champ/Mins (18~)

Post here to apply to join the Southern Cross LOTRO Chapter

Moderator: LOTRO Officers

Sothere
Keyboard Turner

Triple application - Capt/Champ/Mins (18~)

Post#1 » 06 Oct 2009, 15:59

About You
I'm going to put in a joint application for my two friends and myself - we are a package deal. Seems silly to have three seperate threads.

Please state your

1. First Name:
A:Chris, Jeremy, Paranoid (Dosent like giving out real name)

2. Age:
A: 24, 24, ??? (Paranoid again, but 18+)

3. Location:
A: Myself and Paranoid are from Adelaide, SA. Jeremy is from Ohio, US - but generaly keeps with our timezone.

4. Usual Playtimes:
A: Whenever we get home from work - 6pm to 10pm. More on the weekends.

6. Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A: Negative.

7. Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: I know Paranoid from work and Paranoid and Jeremy have been friends for yonks (AC/EQ/EQ2/WoW etc). We have all been in high calibur raiding guilds in WoW - but we got pretty sick of it, having played since release (prebc).

About Your Characters

1. Name:
A: Sothere, Myrc, Cynwolf

2. Class:
A: Captain, Champion, Minstrel

3. Level:
A: All around 18 - just started!

4. What trade skills does your character have?
A: Metal/Tailor/Forester/Prospecting between us.

3. Alt(s):
A: None yet!

5. What guilds have you been in? And why have you left or intend on leaving them?
A: We just started LOTRO.

Other Stuff
1. What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: We hope you are friendly!

We tend to take things seriously - not elitist serious - more that we dont muck around in vent, we dont do stupid pulls, we dont whinge about loot, and we are always willing to help if we can. Plus we are nice people!

We are going to take our time leveling up (jobs etc) but when we hit 60 we look forward to being able to participate in end game events.

Paranoid might have something more to add.

Cheers,

Chris

Cynwolf
Keyboard Turner

Re: Triple application - Capt/Champ/Mins (18~)

Post#2 » 06 Oct 2009, 16:46

Hello Southern Cross, i'm Paranoid, sigh, not really, just cautious :?
The three of us have recently started LoTRo and i have to say, sorry we weren't there at the start. This is a great game from what i've seen in just 17 levels :o
As Sothere mentioned we did all the the top end raiding in previous games and towards the end it became more like a job, we are after something more layed back, casual, entertaining and fun.
I've seen Southern Cross in a number of previous games and know you guys have a good rep.
Jeremy and i have been gaming for the last 9 years together and Chris has just joined us recently to make the threesome :lol: But we are looking to make more friends, hence our application to you :)

Cheers
Cynwolf

Edit: Is the server name Elendilmir correct? I thought i saw you guys on Vilya?

zerowing
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#3 » 07 Oct 2009, 09:58

Hey guys, yes we are certainly on Elendilmir and yes we are a friendly enough bunch of people (except maybe Fitz but we keep him on a leash). :lol:

Anyway I'll add you all to my friends list and try and catch you tonight (7/10) after work. Please feel free to add me (Zerowing) to your friends list and shoot me a tell if you see me.

Regards.
Z.
"The problem with burglars is that the whole Moria package combines to create the Voltron of burglar grief."

Cynwolf
Keyboard Turner

Post#4 » 07 Oct 2009, 16:54

Never mind, we decided to reroll on Elendilmir :)

Oh dear, we've been duped! :oops:
When we logged in for the first time last week the game suggested we go to Vilya, i checked Vilya forums and there was "Southern Cross" i naturally thought it was this guild.
I have since done more investigating and found an imposter "Southern Cross" on Vilya :cry: Why do people steal well known guild names :cry:
I'll need to talk to my other two friend and find out what they want to do. Rerolling on Elendilmir or continue where we are. It's kind of a painful choice, i know level 19 isn't much, and in some other games, WoW :shock: , it would mean nothing, but here where we are so new, it'll hurt somewhat.
Feel free to give us your thoughts :)

Cheers
Cynwolf

Silurin
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#5 » 07 Oct 2009, 19:55

19 is not so bad to level thru again, join the kin and grab some gear of kin mates around lvl10 to make life a little easier and you wont even notice ;)
LOTRO - Elendilmir : The Secret World : Guild Wars 2 - IoJ : WoW - Dath'Remar : DDO - Khyber : AoC - Bloodspire : WAR - Ironclaw
Silyth - Lvl 85 Warden : Silurin Maelhach - Lvl 70 Champion : Falyme - Chaos/AR : Falyme - Warrior : Falyme - Lvl 70 Undead Rogue : Rajeal - Lvl 9 Bard / 2 Rogue : Dralion - Lvl 74 Tempest of Set : Skelm - Lvl 28 Disciple of Khaine

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#6 » 08 Oct 2009, 19:06

Welcome to Elendilmir (you did reroll didnt you? :) )

Ignore Z, hes a gidgit, i'm really nice ...albeit a lewtz whore :P

I and my fiancee have a few alts, so throw me a tell when I'm on (its not much atm, due to playing Aion) and we'll be sure to give you a hand :)

Earendir
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#7 » 08 Oct 2009, 21:13

Fitz wrote:I and my fiancee have ...

Poor Chant..! :shock:

Cheers :roll:
Earendir (62) - Captain; SM Weaponsmith; Kindred - Weaponsmith's Guild
Maedhring (60) - Rune-keeper; SM Scholar; Kindred - Scholar's Guild
Ecthalion (61) - Champion; SM Metalsmith, MA Tailor; Kindred - Metalsmith's Guild
Baraher (47) - Hunter; GM Woodworker; Kindred - Woodworker's Guild
Arantar (33) - Loremaster; SM Jeweler; Kindred - Jeweler's Guild

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#8 » 09 Oct 2009, 09:09

She loves it :P

Cynwolf
Keyboard Turner

Post#9 » 09 Oct 2009, 10:17

Thanks guys :)
We were in Aion beta as well and i think we lasted 2 weeks after it went live, then gave it up as a joke :P
We'll try and get hold of one of you for a kinship invite, i'll add your names to my friends list as i haven't worked out how to do guild searches in game :?

Cheers
Cynwolf

Earendir
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#10 » 09 Oct 2009, 17:14

On the search screen for players just search for "Southern Cross" - seems it searches for kin tags as well.

Cheers :wink:
Earendir (62) - Captain; SM Weaponsmith; Kindred - Weaponsmith's Guild
Maedhring (60) - Rune-keeper; SM Scholar; Kindred - Scholar's Guild
Ecthalion (61) - Champion; SM Metalsmith, MA Tailor; Kindred - Metalsmith's Guild
Baraher (47) - Hunter; GM Woodworker; Kindred - Woodworker's Guild
Arantar (33) - Loremaster; SM Jeweler; Kindred - Jeweler's Guild

zerowing
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#11 » 12 Oct 2009, 07:02

Accepted.
"The problem with burglars is that the whole Moria package combines to create the Voltron of burglar grief."