Please state your

1. First Name:
A: Jeff

2. Age:
A: 29

3. Location:
A: Japan

4. Usual Playtimes:
A: Sporadically on weekdays between 1600-2200 JST (-9UTC) Weekends: as much as possible.

6. Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A: Afraid not

7. Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: I started playing back in closed beta and continued for a few months after launch. I had to take a considerable amount of time off due to RL circumstances (getting maried being the major one). I play very casually for usually no more than a few hours at a time since my wife just doesn't get the whole MMO thing. :roll:

About Your Characters

1. Name:
A: Ashanderai

2. Class:
A: Hunter

3. Level:
A: 46

4. What trade skills does your character have?
A: Currently GM Woodworker and GM Forester

3. Alt(s):
A: 2 Alts of no significance. A lvl 2 Dwarf Guardian and a lvl 1 RK.

5. What guilds have you been in? And why have you left or intend on leaving them?
A: I was in House of the Moriquendi for a short while, but as I mentioned, I had to take an extended break.

Other Stuff
2. What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: I have been going it solo since coming back and to be honest it gets a bit lonely. I usually don't feel comfortable asking for aid in open chat and since I've been gone for a while I feel behind the curve. Plus I am in Japan so I am looking for a mature group of fellow players that share as close to the same time zone as possible. I ask for nothing from the Kin save for some advice on the happenings since I've been gone and offer whatever services I can provide when I have the chance. Thanks in advance for taking the time to look over my application.

Silurin
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Re: Application for Ashanderai

Post by Silurin » 11 Mar 2009, 06:26

g'day Jeff thnx for the app :) one of the officers will be in contact with you for a chat

more importantly is that an actual photo your using for your avatar? if so thats one helluva sword!! :twisted:
LOTRO - Elendilmir : The Secret World : Guild Wars 2 - IoJ : WoW - Dath'Remar : DDO - Khyber : AoC - Bloodspire : WAR - Ironclaw
Silyth - Lvl 85 Warden : Silurin Maelhach - Lvl 70 Champion : Falyme - Chaos/AR : Falyme - Warrior : Falyme - Lvl 70 Undead Rogue : Rajeal - Lvl 9 Bard / 2 Rogue : Dralion - Lvl 74 Tempest of Set : Skelm - Lvl 28 Disciple of Khaine

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 11 Mar 2009, 07:14

Silurin wrote:thats one helluva sword!! :twisted:
Pfft. I got a set of 12 of those when I ordered Big Kev's Workout Wonder DVD from the home shopping channel..

syromzxero
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post by syromzxero » 11 Mar 2009, 08:32

Japan eh? Military? Yokosuka?
"You can prevent your opponent from defeating you through defense but you cannot defeat him without taking the offensive" - Miyamoto Musashi
Zxero Darkestar - DE Backstabber (EQ)
Syrome - Elder Jedi (SWG)
Zxero - 70 Kalodorei BM Hunter (WoW)
Syrom - 60 Captain (LoTRO) <--Happy now Fitz?

ashanderai
Keyboard Turner

Post by ashanderai » 11 Mar 2009, 16:53

I wish I had a spear like the one in my avatar. :twisted: It's only a picture unfortunately. It comes from The Wheel of Time book series, the spear is called an ashandarei. I spelled it wrong when i first used it as my handle and have been using it ever since. :D

@ syromzxero: Yup guilty as charged. You too?

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 11 Mar 2009, 18:06

I'd laugh if you were like Sys CO or something and he was slacking off playing LOTRO instead of working :p

ashanderai
Keyboard Turner

Post by ashanderai » 12 Mar 2009, 12:04

I'm at work now and I don't see anyone looking guilty, so he must not work in my building. Too bad, I would have loved to chew some butt about someone skylarking :twisted: (love that term).

Then again I'm posting this right now so I would have to chew my own butt and I don't think I'm that flexible.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 12 Mar 2009, 12:25

ashanderai wrote:so I would have to chew my own butt and I don't think I'm that flexible.
I believe hunters get the class trait "Remove Ribs" at level 50 :mrgreen:

syromzxero
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post by syromzxero » 13 Mar 2009, 08:44

Aye, im in Yoko as well (been here about 9 years) but im moving back to the states come next Saturday (Everett). Dont listen to Fitz, he's a nubcake and any thing he say's is all lies.
"You can prevent your opponent from defeating you through defense but you cannot defeat him without taking the offensive" - Miyamoto Musashi

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 13 Mar 2009, 11:50

syromzxero wrote:Dont listen to Fitz, he's a nubcake and any thing he say's is all lies.
Sy is fully awesome, and seriously, THE BEST captain on the entire server. He doesn't look at all like a metallic fairy in his awesome armour set he wore last night, and didn't die at GA against level 30 mobs.

WIN.

ashanderai
Keyboard Turner

Post by ashanderai » 13 Mar 2009, 12:48

Hahaha! Sounds epic in proportion. But, srsly sorry to hear that you are leaving. Being here 9 years it seems like you like it here. I just extended my tour here for another 3.5 years, so I'll be around for a while. What command are you with?

syromzxero
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post by syromzxero » 13 Mar 2009, 20:53

FCG, over on Command Hill. And no i didnt die in GA nubcake, though you got pretty close to getting killed a few times. Fun times though...fun times.

nitrofenix
LotRO Kinship Leader
LotRO Kinship Leader

Re: ACCEPTED: Application for Ashanderai

Post by nitrofenix » 20 Mar 2009, 08:23

Application accepted -- you're on trial for 4 weeks until April 13. :)

Welcome to SC!
LOTRO: Ohtarwen, lv71 Champ / Valaena, lv71 Warden / Meldariel, lv60 LM / Durandir, lv44 Hunter / Penni, lv43 Healbot