Blizz comments on warlocks!!

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about World of Warcraft

Moderator: WoW Officers

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blizz comments on warlocks!!

Post by Secro » 08 Feb 2005, 09:01

I've spent a great deal of time gathering player feedback from this forum (some really amazing feedback!) and I wanted to take a moment and share with you what I've discussed with the developers. I know that the information below does not address every concern that has been expressed by Warlock players, however, I feel that it's a good start, and should only demonstrate the standard at which I plan on updating you guys with news and information. So please take a moment to read, enjoy, and discuss.

I realize that Soul Shards have been a hot topic amongst Warlock players, so I wanted to address them first. Soul Shards are intended to take up inventory space as we want players to strategically manage the number of shards they carry at a given time. However, we do realize that the system as it currently stands is a bit cumbersome and we're investigating the possibility of making the necessary improvements. While we're not dedicated to any one decision, the developers are seriously considering the possibility of introducing unique Warlock specific bags designed to carry Soul Shards. This change is not definite, however improvements in this area are in the works and an update will be provided as soon as I have additional information.

Another improvement planned concerning Soul Shards is how they will be obtained in PvP environments. Once the Honor system is implemented, opponents that are defeated in a manner considered "honorable", will grant the Warlock a Soul Shard. Although there are no plans of allowing for opposing faction guards and NPCs to grant Soul Shards, players should rest assured that many NPCs appearing in the unique Battleground areas will be "soul shard friendly". Between both Battleground NPCs and honorable kills granting soul shards, we don't anticipate that the Warlock will have any problems participating in the upcoming Battleground feature, or be impaired during regular PvP.

The role of the Infernal is intended to be that of a powerful but potentially dangerous summon. We really don't want to weaken it so that Warlocks can tote them around like common pets, seeing that they are very powerful in Warcraft lore. With this in mind, we do plan to increase the duration that that the Infernal remains under the Warlock's control when initially summoned into battle. It is also worth mentioning that the spell "Curse of Shadows" is extremely useful for maintaining control over the Infernal, and through extensive testing, we've found that using this spell combined with "Enslave Demon" allowed us to control the Infernal for very generous lengths of time. Lastly, while nothing is set in stone, the developers are investigating the possibility for allowing the Infernal to be summoned in doors, as well as out.

Issues with Warlock pets dismissing due to pathing problems is something that we're actively working to improve. While I don't have any information in particular to provide in this area, I did want to bring it up just so that you're aware that we're aware. You should begin to see improvements in the near future. In the meantime, please bear with us as we address said issues.

Thank you everyone that took the time to read this post. Until next time!
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Nazz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Nazz » 08 Feb 2005, 09:45

Cheers Secro. In the time it took me to read pages 1 and 2 of the post it shot up to 6 :P Our biggest PVP issues are still a problem with other classes being able to dispel our enslave as well as tap our pets to prevent us from re-enslaving them. I'm sure they're still looking at things but the warlock community submitted 5 pages of bugs/issues and only receive 5 paragraphs as a reply. Better management of soulshards and soulshards in PVP will be nice though.

Flamage
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post by Flamage » 08 Feb 2005, 10:46

If someone taps your infernal you can't reenslave? man thats harsh

ScuMz
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by ScuMz » 20 Feb 2005, 16:04

no thats funny :P
Villari - Tauren Shaman

--------------------------------