Account Hacked

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about World of Warcraft

Moderator: WoW Officers

Ularu
WoW Officer
WoW Officer

Re: Account Hacked

Post#16 » 13 Dec 2009, 13:00

shamiona wrote:I just got an email saying my account will be banned unless i give them details cuz its been seen on an account selling website...lol sus as.. wowaccountadmin@blizzard haha this is there 2nd attempt in like 2 weeks

i got a similar email
enlargeyourcock@meatmen.com.ger
Dreadmoore
holy snot bags batman i need heals!
Always be your self unless you can be batman, always be batman.

BMiBudz
Grunt

Post#17 » 08 Jun 2010, 17:45

Eolair wrote:Maybe this will be a warning to others, well for anyone else who would be dumb enough to fall for this one :roll:

I got sucked into a phishing scam and my WoW account was compromised. I managed to get it back after ringing Accounts and Billing but my main Eolair has been deleted. I've requested a GM to restore it to around the time I think it was hacked (when I received an email saying my account had been linked to Battle.net). Am still waiting for the restore.

What happened was I was sent an ingame chat message from somone called [Rewards] saying I had won some new Pet reward from the Battle.net promotion and that to claim it I had to log into Battle.net and enter in a pass key (looked like a GUID). Once entered I would receive a unique in-game key that I could then use to claim a Pet from some NPC in Booty Bay in Stranglethorn Vale. Conveniently there was a link to Battle.net in the chat message (ahah!).

I follow this link to Battle.net and enter my login credentials (uhoh) and then the pass key and received a unique in-game key. I think cool, so later I proceed to log back in to get this Pet and find that I can't login because my account has been linked to Battle.net and I have to use a my new Battle.net credentials instead. Around the same time I received an email saying that some f$%^tard called Gola had linked my account to Battle.net and created their own email address and password basically taking over my account. The place where I entered my login details was the phishing site (arena-battle.net), if you go there now there is a message saying the site has now been disabled.

Anyway, live and learn.

there is something i didnt understand from all this... a) how long have you known blizzard.. BLIZZARD ARE MONEY SCAMMERS AND DONT GIVE ANYTHING FOR FREE EVER!!!

b) the moment you get a pm from a retard calling himself Rewards, how did you not realize SCAM!

c) when you went to the site... and saw that you had to enter your login credentials, did you not realize SCAM! (Blizzard will NEVER ask for your password or login as STATED by blizzard).

i just don't get it lol :P

Xerosin
The Patient
The Patient

Post#18 » 09 Jun 2010, 13:07

i see dead people.
WoW: Kirosan - 85 Mage | Reiiku - 80 Priest | Sensha - 85 Warrior | Risaka - 85 Shaman
SC2: Xerosin#530
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     "Help me, I broke apart my insides"

Huntazor
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#19 » 09 Jun 2010, 13:17

BMiBudz wrote:BLIZZARD ARE MONEY SCAMMERS AND DONT GIVE ANYTHING FOR FREE EVER!!!

they actually gave some one in our guild 20k and alot of extra items for the inconvenience.
it was pretty amazing, but then again shes an amazing girl.
sc's best dodger

Ularu
WoW Officer
WoW Officer

Post#20 » 09 Jun 2010, 13:52

Xerosin wrote:i see dead people.

such a necromancer kiro
Dreadmoore
holy snot bags batman i need heals!
Always be your self unless you can be batman, always be batman.

BMiBudz
Grunt

Post#21 » 09 Jun 2010, 16:32

Huntazor wrote:
BMiBudz wrote:BLIZZARD ARE MONEY SCAMMERS AND DONT GIVE ANYTHING FOR FREE EVER!!!

they actually gave some one in our guild 20k and alot of extra items for the inconvenience.
it was pretty amazing, but then again shes an amazing girl.

O_o wow then she is extremely lucky :S

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#22 » 02 Jul 2010, 08:15

BMiBudz wrote:
Eolair wrote:Maybe this will be a warning to others, well for anyone else who would be dumb enough to fall for this one :roll:

I got sucked into a phishing scam and my WoW account was compromised. I managed to get it back after ringing Accounts and Billing but my main Eolair has been deleted. I've requested a GM to restore it to around the time I think it was hacked (when I received an email saying my account had been linked to Battle.net). Am still waiting for the restore.

What happened was I was sent an ingame chat message from somone called [Rewards] saying I had won some new Pet reward from the Battle.net promotion and that to claim it I had to log into Battle.net and enter in a pass key (looked like a GUID). Once entered I would receive a unique in-game key that I could then use to claim a Pet from some NPC in Booty Bay in Stranglethorn Vale. Conveniently there was a link to Battle.net in the chat message (ahah!).

I follow this link to Battle.net and enter my login credentials (uhoh) and then the pass key and received a unique in-game key. I think cool, so later I proceed to log back in to get this Pet and find that I can't login because my account has been linked to Battle.net and I have to use a my new Battle.net credentials instead. Around the same time I received an email saying that some f$%^tard called Gola had linked my account to Battle.net and created their own email address and password basically taking over my account. The place where I entered my login details was the phishing site (arena-battle.net), if you go there now there is a message saying the site has now been disabled.

Anyway, live and learn.

there is something i didnt understand from all this... a) how long have you known blizzard.. BLIZZARD ARE MONEY SCAMMERS AND DONT GIVE ANYTHING FOR FREE EVER!!!

b) the moment you get a pm from a retard calling himself Rewards, how did you not realize SCAM!

c) when you went to the site... and saw that you had to enter your login credentials, did you not realize SCAM! (Blizzard will NEVER ask for your password or login as STATED by blizzard).

i just don't get it lol :P

Same people that open up emails from UPS saying they missed a delivery and please open this invoice to verify.
Those same people then ring me cause I work in IT Security and ask me to repair their fucked 4yr old XP laptop... :roll:

Sorry I'm grumpy
Join the Southern Cross Steam group or find us on Facebook

<SWG 2003-2009> <EQ2 2005-2006> <WoW 2005-2015>
<LotRO 2007-2009> <AoC 2008-2009> <WAR 2008-2010>
<World of Tanks 2011-
premium> <SW:ToR 2011-active>
<TESO 2014-2014>

Return to “WoW General Discussion”