Account Hacked

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about World of Warcraft

Moderator: WoW Officers

Eolair
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Account Hacked

Post#1 » 18 Aug 2009, 22:26

Maybe this will be a warning to others, well for anyone else who would be dumb enough to fall for this one :roll:

I got sucked into a phishing scam and my WoW account was compromised. I managed to get it back after ringing Accounts and Billing but my main Eolair has been deleted. I've requested a GM to restore it to around the time I think it was hacked (when I received an email saying my account had been linked to Battle.net). Am still waiting for the restore.

What happened was I was sent an ingame chat message from somone called [Rewards] saying I had won some new Pet reward from the Battle.net promotion and that to claim it I had to log into Battle.net and enter in a pass key (looked like a GUID). Once entered I would receive a unique in-game key that I could then use to claim a Pet from some NPC in Booty Bay in Stranglethorn Vale. Conveniently there was a link to Battle.net in the chat message (ahah!).

I follow this link to Battle.net and enter my login credentials (uhoh) and then the pass key and received a unique in-game key. I think cool, so later I proceed to log back in to get this Pet and find that I can't login because my account has been linked to Battle.net and I have to use a my new Battle.net credentials instead. Around the same time I received an email saying that some f$%^tard called Gola had linked my account to Battle.net and created their own email address and password basically taking over my account. The place where I entered my login details was the phishing site (arena-battle.net), if you go there now there is a message saying the site has now been disabled.

Anyway, live and learn.

wazari
I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Re: Account Hacked

Post#2 » 19 Aug 2009, 09:41

lol
wazari | irazaw | wazaro | orazaw

bnet - Wazari#6219

#1 Countrist in the world!

ǝɯ ʇou 'uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹɐ noʎ

Xerosin
The Patient
The Patient

Post#3 » 19 Aug 2009, 09:58

i think most of us get these whispers daily and yes LOL.
WoW: Kirosan - 85 Mage | Reiiku - 80 Priest | Sensha - 85 Warrior | Risaka - 85 Shaman
SC2: Xerosin#530
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     "Help me, I broke apart my insides"

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » 19 Aug 2009, 10:39

wazari wrote:lol

how many times did you get your account broken into again waz? :D

so kyoot
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

wazari
I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Post#5 » 19 Aug 2009, 13:40

Secro wrote:
wazari wrote:lol

how many times did you get your account broken into again waz? :D

so kyoot

twice tyvm! And back in my day it was a lot harder to get your gear back QQ

never once clicked an ingame link tho...

I got done after installing a mod from wowinterface.com

bnet - Wazari#6219

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#6 » 19 Aug 2009, 13:45

haha, thought it was more.
It's crazy the amount of people who get done really.

wazari
I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Post#7 » 19 Aug 2009, 15:18

I got hacked before hacking was cool

bnet - Wazari#6219

Selphie
Epic!
Epic!

Post#8 » 20 Aug 2009, 09:02

its not hacking.. >_>

Froste
Blowjob plz
Blowjob plz

Post#9 » 21 Aug 2009, 13:10

i just tried to log in, wrong password, tried to reset password wrong email.... change email over phone....get email saying account suspended for fucking with economy...so much for a glorious comeback.... armory sadist and froste....gone not on any other server unless name changed

and now i cant do anything about it until the suspension is off.....pretty annoying :cry:

wazari
I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Post#10 » 21 Aug 2009, 13:43

Froste wrote:i just tried to log in, wrong password, tried to reset password wrong email.... change email over phone....get email saying account suspended for fucking with economy...so much for a glorious comeback.... armory sadist and froste....gone not on any other server unless name changed

and now i cant do anything about it until the suspension is off.....pretty annoying :cry:

miss u

bnet - Wazari#6219

Froste
Blowjob plz
Blowjob plz

Post#11 » 21 Aug 2009, 14:04

wazari wrote:
Froste wrote:i just tried to log in, wrong password, tried to reset password wrong email.... change email over phone....get email saying account suspended for fucking with economy...so much for a glorious comeback.... armory sadist and froste....gone not on any other server unless name changed

miss u

miss u 2

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#12 » 21 Aug 2009, 15:24

miis u both <3

ps i'm bored of conan already might chill for 1 week and start wow up again, but i can't see myself staying lol soz................................ unless froste .... u know

Froste
Blowjob plz
Blowjob plz

Post#13 » 21 Aug 2009, 15:57

Secro wrote:miis u both <3

ps i'm bored of conan already might chill for 1 week and start wow up again, but i can't see myself staying lol soz................................ unless froste .... u know

monday the suspension is off, ive put in a request to get my toons back so hopefully there will be some good times ahead awwwwwwwwwyeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhh

Froste
Blowjob plz
Blowjob plz

Post#14 » 21 Aug 2009, 15:57

p.s im eating organic corn chips and they taste stale

shamiona
WoW Officer
WoW Officer

Post#15 » 08 Dec 2009, 20:56

I just got an email saying my account will be banned unless i give them details cuz its been seen on an account selling website...lol sus as.. wowaccountadmin@blizzard haha this is there 2nd attempt in like 2 weeks

Return to “WoW General Discussion”