Banned

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about World of Warcraft

Moderator: WoW Officers

Kaidagar
Pandaren Monk
Pandaren Monk

Banned

Post#1 » 28 May 2009, 08:41

My account has been banned for the moment, apparently after a thorough investigation (meaning from 12:30 when I went to bed and 7:30 today) I have been found to have been manipulating the economy. I only have 2000 gold so I'm not sure what going on here. The only thing I can think of is that I sold two Nobles cards while using Lowerping and in all fairness I farmed all the mats for those cards myself as well. Does anyone know how long it takes to overturn a ban like this?

MJ
WoW Officer
WoW Officer

Re: Banned

Post#2 » 28 May 2009, 09:14

Fucking lowerping does it again :(

Could take a while :((((((

Good luck
ImageImage

Selphie
Epic!
Epic!

Post#3 » 28 May 2009, 13:26

its just an autoban, it'll be removed in a few days from what i've read

Kaidagar
Pandaren Monk
Pandaren Monk

Post#4 » 28 May 2009, 13:44

A FEW DAYS! My addiction needs to be fed days isn't going to cut it, I'm getting the shakes already. I wonder what happens to the items I have in the AH because they're worth quite a bit.

Xerosin
The Patient
The Patient

Post#5 » 28 May 2009, 14:21

how is using lowerping manipulating the economy? can you bid on things 200ms faster than other people or something?

I call shenanigans.
WoW: Kirosan - 85 Mage | Reiiku - 80 Priest | Sensha - 85 Warrior | Risaka - 85 Shaman
SC2: Xerosin#530
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     "Help me, I broke apart my insides"

Kaidagar
Pandaren Monk
Pandaren Monk

Post#6 » 28 May 2009, 14:58

I believe it has to do with my ping being registered here, then in the US then Here again a few hours apart. I would assume it's an automated system that does this after a certain amount of flags are raised on an account. Also they should be faster getting my account back online, I mean they'd only have to read my email and enable my account.

Draakk
The Patient
The Patient

Post#7 » 28 May 2009, 16:05

call them, they should be able to reactivate the account, its the quicker way of doing it, just don't admit to using lowerping
The Devils greatest acomplishment is making us believe he does not exist

Kaidagar
Pandaren Monk
Pandaren Monk

Post#8 » 28 May 2009, 17:13

Lowerping isn't banned in the ToS it just isn't supported. I'm not sure how I'd explain my ip being in different countries so quickly with out saying I used it.

Ularu
WoW Officer
WoW Officer

Post#9 » 28 May 2009, 17:36

kaid y0 playa
tell us the truth your a gold farmer ant ya
Dreadmoore
holy snot bags batman i need heals!
Always be your self unless you can be batman, always be batman.

Return to “WoW General Discussion”