Aedra's moving on. And on. And on. And on.........

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about World of Warcraft

Moderator: WoW Officers

Dankyn
The Lightbringer
The Lightbringer

Aedra's moving on. And on. And on. And on.........

Post#1 » 01 Apr 2009, 01:41

Hey guys, as you know I'm pretty into wow. I play a lot. I don't think there is a day where i'm not online. If i'm not online half the time i'm on these forums or i'm browsing theory crafting sites. As you can tell; I'm pretty into it. While this has been well and good for the past 4years, its begining to get detrimental. When i first started playing wow it was just when i had the free time. Log on here, log on there. Very casual and relaxed. Leveling with my friends from school are some of the best wow memories i've had. Then i started raiding. Shit got serious. I feel that it was a turning point in my WoW life. From logging on when i wanted too, it moved onto feeling obliged to log on to raid. 4 nights a week i was signing up to kill the fire lord in the molten core. Why did i do it? Well the answer is simple, i was after the loot. The best rewards only came from being able to raid.
The rewards were only reaped from commitment.
Why i've told this story is to explain why i'm moving on. Through my experience in World of Warcraft I've realised that the real rewards only come from putting in the hard hours. This not only applies in WoW but in many other circumstances; in particular, real life.
I oft wonder why i'm only doing OK in my university course. I now sit here feeling stupid at how obvious the answer is. The fact of the matter is that i'm putting in more time to wow then my studies and thus the rewards of my studies are not coming into fruition.
The answer is simple.
There can only really be room for one.
Life, or Warcraft.
Tonight my friends, i'm choosing life.

To all the fellow WoW players i say sorry. I feel like i'm letting some of you guys down. But in the end, its my life. I gotta live it how i gotta live it.
So again i bid you all a farewell. A goodbye to the community and suprisingly soothing routine of log on, raid, reap rewards. A goodbye to the antics of Southern Cross and the support and nature.
A simple Goodbye.
WoW = dankyn
steam id = pert
SC2 NA server = swissfeta 143
BA = pert11

Draakk
The Patient
The Patient

Re: Aedra's moving on. And on. And on. And on.........

Post#2 » 01 Apr 2009, 02:27

no dank no
although we give each other shit, i have always respected you as a go to person for everything wow related, i hope you log on from time to time, and wish you all the best in your uni course and RL.
This game can take a serious drain on your social life, studies and career. Its all about finding a balance. If you can find that balance then sure continue raiding. Not tiling jumping in IF as i sometimes do. wasting time where you could use that time to be productive.
At any rate the choice is yours. Thanks for being a part of SC and thanks for your leadership / friendship
GL
HF
The Devils greatest acomplishment is making us believe he does not exist

Ularu
WoW Officer
WoW Officer

Post#3 » 01 Apr 2009, 03:05

same it was great at first login on here and there then it turned into what you discribed login on for the sake of login on, i knew this guy who was on 12 hours a day my first guild's GM, mostly he sat in IF whispering people to get into srs conversations...he quit when he wanted more out of life...its hard to find a balence in life and gaming with WoW and others like it...i myself struggle to not log on..becos of this i leveled 8 toons to lvl 70 6 from lvl 1 to 70 during BC the same thing is happing again im already up to 4 lvl 80's

Aedra its funny your doing this, esp after talking about \kicking people who hadnt been on in a long time and you got to Nutta...he was in the same boat as you...Uni/work/gf or WoW

his life has worked out great Uni finished a srs job, i can only hope for the same for you good luck mate

you may find it hard to stop WoW cold turkey im not joking, play here and there again untill you can stop, moniter your play time dont play during the week or do what ever the fuck you wanna
Dreadmoore
holy snot bags batman i need heals!
Always be your self unless you can be batman, always be batman.

Xerosin
The Patient
The Patient

Post#4 » 01 Apr 2009, 07:39

Wow, sad to see you go Dank.

I think alot of us are in the same boat but not everyone feels the same, ive played wow for a few years now, been and gone and back again, so take time if you need it, i did for a year then came back and it was better than ever.

Uni/Studies etc is more important than a game in the long run, but we all know this. Whatever you choose man, good luck, you will be missed.
WoW: Kirosan - 85 Mage | Reiiku - 80 Priest | Sensha - 85 Warrior | Risaka - 85 Shaman
SC2: Xerosin#530
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     "Help me, I broke apart my insides"

Syleena
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#5 » 01 Apr 2009, 10:23

T_T im gonna miss you!, but like kiro said studies come first :)
might be hard at first but yea we've all taken long breaks from wow at some point and this is your time :) so have fun and you will be missed! and try to not be a stranger! :P
xoxo

WoW - Sylestine 80 Druid
WoW - Caelestria 80 Mage
WoW - Lilsunshine 80 Pally
WoW - Samariah 80 Warlock
WoW - Syleena 80 Rogue

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#6 » 01 Apr 2009, 10:27

Quit number ????

Haha, love you dankypoo <3
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Tyrius
Pandaren Monk
Pandaren Monk

Post#7 » 01 Apr 2009, 11:34

pz dank, join me in life
climbin in ur windows

wazari
I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Post#8 » 01 Apr 2009, 11:52

Weak!

Ps glhf hope life has lots of epix for ya
wazari | irazaw | wazaro | orazaw

bnet - Wazari#6219

#1 Countrist in the world!

ǝɯ ʇou 'uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹɐ noʎ

Sardius
Pandaren Monk
Pandaren Monk

Post#9 » 01 Apr 2009, 14:18

:( Sad to see you go Dank, but its been awesome. GLHF in RL!
Battle.Net ID: Penguins#1368

D3: Wizard/Crusader/everything, Clan <SC>

World of Warcraft
Kilrogg - Alliance

-RIP-
SW:TOR
Rift

Dankyn
The Lightbringer
The Lightbringer

Post#10 » 01 Apr 2009, 16:05

Ah guys, thanks for all the kind words it really means a lot to me ya know. I really feel like i made a lot of mates in Southern Cross and i'm hoping that even though i've left the game we can still keep in contact.
People are really what make the game interesting ya know, you guys are really what kept me playing this whole time to be honest. Without the guild i probably would of left for good a long time ago!
Real life, does, in the end, take precedent though.
In the real world, like in wow, you can't just put in a half assed effort, like enchanting your gear with crappy enchants or gemming with green gems. If i did that in real life i'd end up without a degree after putting in all these years at uni.
Leaving is tough though. I feel a commitment to the guild, a commitment to wow. You've all been so good to me and helped me become better at the game and i owe you all alot.
Friends can transcend games, i truly believe that the people you meet and have good relations with in Warcraft can be kept and just because i'm not playing i hope i dont get ostracized from the great SC community.
Other then WoW i'd like to enjoy some other communities i'd like to try new games where i don't feel i have to commit. I want to play games where i can log off like whenever i want.
Other then WoW i'd like to be able to just go out when i get called on a wednesday night. Or be able to look after my cousin on a sunday afternoon because my auntie has work.
Look in the end we are a sum of all our experiences. While wow has been a great experience for me thus far its time to try something new, something that doesn't feel like a drain on my social and future employment prospects.
See-ya guys and thanks for the epics!
WoW = dankyn
steam id = pert
SC2 NA server = swissfeta 143
BA = pert11

Huntazor
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#11 » 01 Apr 2009, 16:59

/cry. wow was just starting to get interesting :(
and now your gone!

who will i talk tresh too and tease in vent now about pve/pvp ='(
excuse me a minute while i freshen up..

haha this is really really gay lol.
like really. :(
good luck with uni and your dreams lol youll be pro just like you were in wow
even though i did carry you :D

catch
sc's best dodger

Jeisa
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#12 » 01 Apr 2009, 17:17

Back when I quit WoW (a long time ago), I found that DotA was a great replacement activity -- most games take less than an hour, you can play them with up to 8 friends, and require no commitment beyond that ONE game.

Just a suggestion... was fun playing with you Aedra.

emix
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#13 » 01 Apr 2009, 18:10

ooo mannn wtf... well u gotta do wat u gotta do, :D goodluck in life and ill be ALOT close then u think *shifty eyes*
been awsome playing wow with u, hope to see u back wen ur done.

ps. ur money will b waiting wen u get bak :P
Emix | Remix | Ntf | Kalyz |

emix
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#14 » 01 Apr 2009, 18:16

PSPS. read my signature. it will bring back the memories !!!
Emix | Remix | Ntf | Kalyz |

dakiean
Epic!
Epic!

Post#15 » 01 Apr 2009, 18:47

I get back in a week, give me ur address so i can jab you in the face b4 i get on the plane... We will Discuss this when i get back.

P.s Why you be Hatein!

JaBra says hi.
[Dakiean] - [Aeragon] - [Vaeln] - [Murder]
___________________________________________________________________________________________