Whats the longest Que you've seen?

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about World of Warcraft

Moderator: WoW Officers

Fellhahn
Warchief
Warchief

Post by Fellhahn » 18 Jan 2005, 16:25

lol, nice :) how'd you splice in the screenshot like that?

Skyte
Bloodsail Admiral
Bloodsail Admiral

Post by Skyte » 18 Jan 2005, 16:27

Yeah, it does seem that all Blizzard did during the 16 hour maintenance is reduce the number of people allowed on the server at any one time :(

I can't wait for Blizzard to implement the character transfer service so all the americans can leave our server in peace :wink:

Froste
Blowjob plz
Blowjob plz

Post by Froste » 18 Jan 2005, 16:30

seems that way, maybe there hoping to scare people away from joining for a few months?
even get teh lower level chars to say screw you guys im going home...er to another server at least :D

Spyder
Elemental Lord
Elemental Lord

Post by Spyder » 18 Jan 2005, 16:36

Halgoth wrote:lol, nice :) how'd you splice in the screenshot like that?
See the list of buttons below the subject box? Notice how one of them says "img"? It's not just there to look pretty ;)
Spyder - Pally Healer, WoW Blackrock (retired lv70)

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 18 Jan 2005, 16:38

During the server maintenance last Thursday, we performed a major upgrade to some of our database servers. At first the new servers performed flawlessly, but under heavy load at peak times, the new database servers are experiencing performance issues which have resulted in stability problems on certain realms, minor rollbacks and a problem with character retrieval upon login that some of you have reported.

Naturally we do not consider this an acceptable state of play for our customers. We are working around the clock to diagnose and remedy these problems. As a temporary solution, we have placed lower population restrictions on the affected realms; this results in queues when the population reaches a certain number. This is a short-term solution and, while undesirable, is in place to keep the realms more stable while we work on the main cause of the issues.

During the regular maintenance window that is scheduled for tomorrow, we will be making some additional changes that should allow us to increase the population restrictions on the affected realms. Our team is committed to resolving these issues as quickly and efficiently as they can. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

From the blizz community rep (who dosn't do a good job btw :P )
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kashak » 18 Jan 2005, 17:05

I never htought I'd see 1500+ queue but here I am sitting in one.
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Spyder
Elemental Lord
Elemental Lord

Post by Spyder » 18 Jan 2005, 17:37

That really is a poor effort by Blizz. 16 hour downtime for an upgrade that only made things worse... they need to get their shit together, and fast.
Spyder - Pally Healer, WoW Blackrock (retired lv70)

Nazz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Nazz » 18 Jan 2005, 18:20

Spyder, they should hire Jon and his company to do stress testing it's part of what they do >_< but yeah not happy but at least that explains the crazy crazy crazy queues of late. As you said secro their community manager doesn't do a good job I would expect stuff like that to be announced somewhere (like the login screen) but I had a quick look today and couldn't find a thing. Time to go back to installing Rome Total War I guess.

ScuMz
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by ScuMz » 18 Jan 2005, 18:31

why doesn't he do a good job?

He addressed the issue, and he may have been lying about techies working

but i feel better knowing that they've at least stated they are working

when people are working for my benefit, i feel superior
Villari - Tauren Shaman

--------------------------------
You're Weak. No fist.