Never trust a man, especially a hardcore farmer.

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about World of Warcraft

Moderator: WoW Officers

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Never trust a man, especially a hardcore farmer.

Post by Secro » 28 Jun 2007, 17:01

Grinding for epic mount training on my mage, anyone got any tips?
Mining is getting boring.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

mishnut
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post by mishnut » 28 Jun 2007, 17:08

farm the orcs in smv from the fort thinggy infront beind all the flying nether drakes, u can do a circuit so u can constantly farm, like every mob drosm like 25s and 2-3 cloth and every 5th droped a grey weapon or armour piece, sell the cloth at the ah and vendor all greys, if u have enough stick toitness u can make quite abit or do quests
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 377 character limit

Biffidus
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post by Biffidus » 28 Jun 2007, 17:29

I was running Scholo with Leet.. that was pretty good $$$

mishnut
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post by mishnut » 28 Jun 2007, 19:02

Biffidus wrote:I was running Scholo with Leet.. that was pretty good $$$

hard to solo it as a mage so thats a 2 man job so take a pally or drood!
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 377 character limit

simonsmp
The Lightbringer
The Lightbringer

Post by simonsmp » 28 Jun 2007, 20:47

mishnut wrote:

i heard its pretty easy to solo as a mage. I remember a 60 mage soloing half of it.
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/Simonsmp/
Simonsmp for Prime Minister
DPS Paladin!

Biffidus
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post by Biffidus » 28 Jun 2007, 23:20

So who's got some good advice for Secro? My mage is still 1500 gold short so in need of the same advice.

Riedacher
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post by Riedacher » 28 Jun 2007, 23:28

from what I can gather:
1) do all quests
2) keep doing daily quests
3) farm lvl 69+ humanoids or elementals. humanoids dropping cloth and straight gold, elementals for grey crap and motes. and either can drop those nice lvl 70 boe greens/blues/epix/recipes. If possible farm something that gives you rep too, or where you get some kind of quest item. (eg: bashirs landing for those crystal shards, skettis for soul dust or whatever it is, netherwing if you already have your mount)

tworak
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post by tworak » 29 Jun 2007, 00:52

simonsmp wrote:
mishnut wrote:

i heard its pretty easy to solo as a mage. I remember a 60 mage soloing half of it.

hahah yeah crazy beardedlady used to solo half of it at 60

mishnut
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post by mishnut » 29 Jun 2007, 11:26

also 2 mages (withalot of cordination) can farm the 1st (and part of the 2nd) rooms in slabs was pretty good cash in there
Signature:

Riedacher
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post by Riedacher » 29 Jun 2007, 12:39

mishnut wrote:also 2 mages (withalot of cordination) can farm the 1st (and part of the 2nd) rooms in slabs was pretty good cash in there

i was waiting for my group the other day, so i cleared all the pats in the first room, killed all the warlocks, all the demon minions, and started clearing pylons in the second room. solo.

lrn 2 hunter

Azmodeus
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Azmodeus » 29 Jun 2007, 12:48

Riedacher wrote:lrn 2 hunter

i would, but i actually like to dps :wink:

mishnut
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post by mishnut » 29 Jun 2007, 13:29

Riedacher wrote:
i was waiting for my group the other day, so i cleared all the pats in the first room, killed all the warlocks, all the demon minions, and started clearing pylons in the second room. solo.

lrn 2 hunter

lol well im sure that helps the hunter comunity (if only the majority could read) but mages are to squishy for 3 on 1 situations
Signature:

Riedacher
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post by Riedacher » 29 Jun 2007, 13:29

Azmodeus wrote:
Riedacher wrote:lrn 2 hunter

i would, but i actually like to get aoed, cleaved, pull agro and die:wink:

fixd

nucleon
Bloodsail Admiral
Bloodsail Admiral

Post by nucleon » 29 Jun 2007, 13:33

Tried buying and selling on the AH?

The week appears to be good selling time, the weekend is great buying time.

There were occasions there where I was buying some of the enchant mats (essences/mats) and selling them turning a profit. The benefit of enchanting mats is generally the AH deposit is next to buggar all, so you don't lose much for not selling.

Another trick I did was buying all the cheap stuff in an item (whether they be herbs/primals/darkmoon-cards/enchant mats) and then resell them at a higher price. In real life that's called price fixing. :)

Give yourself a week or two to get an idea of prices and trends before embarking on this.

Herbalism seems to be quite good at turning money. Fel Lotus has significantly shot up - was 8-10g, and now 15+g each. Nightmare vine and Netherbloom sell quite well and are easy to farm.

Generally what Riedacher said is good advice. Also to to add - level via grinding, but doing the later missions (SMV/Netherstorm) to get gold at 70.

I farmed that ramp near the black temple to get scryer rep and to level 68-70. Arcane tomes and the other item I can't think of (the ones to gain scryer rep) sell well on the AH. If you are aldor, that area on the far left below the entrance into the zone. It's also quite good for farming.

As for mods, get Gatherer and the Auctioneer.

-- Craig
CoV - Soundspeed (Son/Kin Cor)
CoH - Ms Taken (Storm/NRG Def) GoldenRock (Rock/Rock Tank)
WoW - Omikron (Druid) KappaOmikron (Shaman)

nucleon
Bloodsail Admiral
Bloodsail Admiral

Post by nucleon » 29 Jun 2007, 14:01

Other points to add...

My understanding is that the loot tables of mobs are designed to average at a certain value. So to get a head of the game, the goal is to get drops that you can sell on the AH.

So aim for cloth/mote drops for farming. I'm finding that a stack of netherwave is selling around 3g on the AH at the moment. As for primals, Earth sell for 3-4g, Water 15-22g (22g is quite rare), Air/Fire - 25-30g, Mana 15-20g. Primal Mights generally sell less than the mats. Better off selling the Primal mats (vs the might) unless you are a master transmuter.

Also the mats for Scryer/Aldor rep do well to. I can't recall the exact price ranges, but from memory Arcane Tomes ones are 7-10g, and the Marg of Sarg ones are 50s each.

-- Craig
CoV - Soundspeed (Son/Kin Cor)
CoH - Ms Taken (Storm/NRG Def) GoldenRock (Rock/Rock Tank)
WoW - Omikron (Druid) KappaOmikron (Shaman)